Need help with c1500 hubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Sounds like the aftermarket wheel may be hitting the rotor hub? What year and model(pickup/Tahoe/Suburban) are you trying to put these wheels on, and what year and model OBS did your neighbor have them on? These trucks don't all use the same rotors, even though they are all half ton 5 on 5 pattern.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Gonna have to narrow down where they're hitting. The IROC-style replica wheels have a very small center cap design so they may not fit your truck at all, but I have seen a number of people running them - it's possible more than one company is making those wheels so designs can vary slightly.

You have the regular style bearing dust cap on your hubs. There's a smaller domed one available that is actually for a different application but it can fit and might help. I had to run them with various aftermarket wheels in the past to get them to fit (the original design Boss 338's were bad about this.) The part # for that cap is probably lost to me at the moment as IIRC those posts were over on Fullsize Chevy which no longer exists.

So, step 1, pop your bearing dust cap off and see if the wheels fit. If they do, don't run it like that at all because now your bearings are exposed and any crud that gets in there will ruin them quickly. Take that cap down to the auto parts store and look in the Dorman section for one same size on the back, but has a smaller "dome" shape. It may take some slight dimpling around the inside of the flange to make it fit tightly.

After some hunting I'm pretty sure this is the one - https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-731-13977.aspx

Richard

Last edited:

Gotti1034

Reaction score
You can use what's called a hub centric spacer. These are a lot safer option than the the standard non hub cetric ones that leave the load bearing up to the lugs. Motorsport-tech.com can can make you a custom set, you just need to know the hub size of the vehicle and wheel as well. An OBS has a hub size of 78.3mm. I'm not sure of the size of the IROC wheel. This will get your wheel out enough to clear but now you have to make sure your studs are long enough. If not you have to install longer studs or get a spacer adapter made that has studs installed in them. Motorsport-tech.com makes these as well. Good luck.

Reaction score
You can use what's called a hub centric spacer. These are a lot safer option than the the standard non hub cetric ones that leave the load bearing up to the lugs. Motorsport-tech.com can can make you a custom set, you just need to know the hub size of the vehicle and wheel as well. An OBS has a hub size of 78.3mm. I'm not sure of the size of the IROC wheel. This will get your wheel out enough to clear but now you have to make sure your studs are long enough. If not you have to install longer studs or get a spacer adapter made that has studs installed in them. Motorsport-tech.com makes these as well. Good luck.
So I found out that the problem was bolt pattern my gmc is 5x125 or 5x5 and turns out the IROCs are 5x5.5 Sorry for the late responses I’ve been busy with work and such but I’ve ordered a new set of wheels that will be custom made to my bolt pattern specifically
You must be registered for see images attach
the only other problem I run into now is the grease cap is to long for The wheel caps so I’m just gunna get some new ones and chrome them unless y’all know a solution, thank you for all the help so far definitely thankful