Need help with c1500 hubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I’m trying to put some irocs on my 98 c1500 but my hub bearing sticks out to far does anyone know of any aftermarket hub swaps I can do to fix this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 11

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Please break up the sentences with punctuation, so at least I can understand what you are posting. I am old. School showed me how to do this.

Your hub bearing does not stick out too far. The bearing/hub dust cap sticks out and I am assuming the center covers will not mount. You can use spacers but I absolutely hate those. IMO, they are unsafe but others here may have other suggestions.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I Tried to mount the wheels and it’s almost like they won’t slide back enough due to the cap. And I’m not sure what to do with the cap so I came here I can try to remove it and see if that makes a difference
The dust cap is not stopping the wheel if your picture is correct.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dust cap is not stopping the wheel if your picture is correct.

Agreed.

@Haiden98seirra, the bearing location is determined by the spindle / hub engineering. I wouldn't consider changing it to be an option.

Locating a smaller dust cap, if space allows for a smaller one which doesn't protrude so far, may be an option.

Your neighbor may have some suggestions, as may others here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Agreed.

@Haiden98seirra, the bearing location is determined by the spindle / hub engineering. I wouldn't consider changing it to be an option.

Locating a smaller dust cap, if space allows for a smaller one which doesn't protrude so far, may be an option.

Your neighbor may have some suggestions, as may others here.
I have talked to him, And He is confused to why the wheel will not mount after the came off a same model OBS, I have attached a picture of a arrow of what exactly is stopping the wheel it’s not the dust cap because I tried without it and the wheels still won’t mount properly it’s the part that the dust cap is on, the wheel mounted in photo is the original stock wheels, I apologize for ignorance not knowing the exact name of the parts I’m more experienced with audio and interiors and I’m just starting on my external parts.

Attachments

• IMG_6838.jpeg
    IMG_6838.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 15