need help diagnosing problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did they even check the fuel pressure before telling you it was the pump? Do that before buying a pump at least. If you can put air in your tires you can check fuel pressure. You can rent a gauge to check it at the parts store or buy one at harbor freight for about $20.

As stated many times above go to an advance or auto zone an get the code checked...

Reaction score
The shop I brought it to does good work, but my dad is the one that talked to them and he's not too good at transfering information. He said they told him they checked the code but it didn't read right, and the pressure was 80psi when it was supposed to be 100. I know the fuel pressure is supposed to be 60-66 so I don't know what pressure they were talking about. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow morning so I'll ask them myself. Also I was talking to my neighbor the other day and he said his suburban was having the same problem a while back and it was the fuel pump.