Need help ASAP! P300

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pull the PCV valve and see if it's functional, ie pulling vacuum through it. Check the tube that connects to the intake for excessive oil, as it feeds into the intake on the driver's side. Also, pull the PCV and plug the fresh air tube on the intake and plug up the grommet in the valve cover and see if it's pulling a vacuum through the pcv hole. If so, it's an indication of a blown intake gasket, which could cause an issue. Also would help to put a vacuum gauge on it to see if it's pulling 18 to 20 inches at idle.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, what brand of cap did you buy? Some of the cheap ones will run poorly out of the box. Does it idle well and not pull under load or at higher RPM? Or is it bad all around?

Last edited:

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It runs bad all around, but it's weird if I only give it say 10% throttle it clears up and runs better but at idle or much over 10 percent it has less power then a geo metro. The cap came from napa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got it scanned by a buddy, cylinder 3 and 7 are misfiring, but when you rev it up to about 2k it stops then rev it up more and it does it again. Any ideas? He said check compression and replace those two plugs

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get an ACDelco cap and rotor. Dollars to donuts that yours is cross firing between three and seven. These caps are notorious for that, especially non OE ones.

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll get one tomorrow! I really hope that's the problem

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well that was it! I owe you my life! Thanks for everyone's help