Need help ASAP! P300

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 98 k1500 with the 5.7 and I need help bad. My truck keeps throwing a p300 random misfire code and it's running like crap. It just falls on its face when I give it throttle. I've put a new cap and rotor on and checked all the wires. Plugs are pretty new also. I cleaned the egr also and checked my fuel pressure which is around 55 at idle and 62 revving. Any ideas? I need this thing running good.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Pull the distributor (marking it's location first) and check the drive gear. If it's knife-edged or has noticeable wear then it'll need replaced.

GM sells an upgraded drive gear.

-Truckin'-

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pull the distributor (marking it's location first) and check the drive gear. If it's knife-edged or has noticeable wear then it'll need replaced.

GM sells an upgraded drive gear.

-Truckin'-

I just put a new dizzy in like 2 months ago but I'll look, thanks

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I just put a new dizzy in like 2 months ago but I'll look, thanks

Check the cap/rotor. If it's a plastic bodied distributor (like OEM) check the body for cracks at the 2 screw locations.

Be sure the 2 vent hoes are clear (distributor body, below rotor).

-Truckin'-

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's not plastic bodied but I looked in the dark last night and it looks like the coil wire is arcing out on the tranny dipstick so I hope that fixes it

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welp wasn't wires.. What are these trucks supposed to have for fuel pressure? 55-62 right?

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I'm at 55 at idle and 62 when revving

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I checked all my plugs and sea foamed it. driver side plugs had some oil. Any thoughts?