Need advice on SAS project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwatDawg15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I was looking at the local facebook auto classifieds and I came across a young man that has a 1994 ECSB K1500 with one ton axles. So I message him and start asking questions, axle specs, ect. He did not know anything about it. Turns out he traded a 01 2wd 3/4 ton chevy for this truck. From the pictures I can tell it is a Dana 60 kingpin from a 90-91 Ford. The read is the FF Sterling from the same Ford.

Moving on, a couple weeks after he got it, the old stock 350 tbi let go. He told me he replaced it with a 305 block with 350 heads. He also tells me he just put in a rebuilt 4l60e and np241 from a 95 k1500. Well I have a 95 k1500, and I thought the tranny was specific to that year only?? Am I wrong?

Anyway, i went and looked at the truck today and took allot of pictures. I have never seen a SAS using the factory Ford shackles. I will let the pictures explain.

Hes a good young man, but hes in way over his head with this truck. Look at the pictures and give me your thoughts please guys. Is it worth taking on? I think i can save it, but unsure if its worth it. Thanks for the help!

Ford Dana 60 HP
You must be registered for see images attach

Drivers side front Ford Shackle bracket

Passenger Side Ford Shackle

Driver front rear

Tranny

SwatDawg15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Full shot of truck

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
lets say this, ive seen much much worse, i think a little time and effort might make it alot better of a swap. different indeed which isnt always bad, but the welds for the rear leafs look terrible in my honest opinion, and the bushing mount front brackets look scary if they are just bolted together and wellded to the cab mount because those arent that strong.

all in all decent looking truck, the 305 with 350 heads thing is sketchy, if it runs more power to it but some people wonder why there truck runs like crap with a big 350 head on a small lowe compreesion motor from the factory only to lower it even more.

not sure about trannys, i was under the impression 93-94 were slightly different based on the plug that goes to the trans and then 95+ were all the same.

SwatDawg15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fronts are welded and bolted to the frame. It different then anything i have seen done. The rear welds are crap, and needs to be replaced with the proper brackets. The motor would come out and replaced right off.. thats an all around bad combo lol. I'm undecided still, but I know if i do not get it, he will scrap it out soon, as hes in over his head. This is the first 4x4 he ever had. I just dunno

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Scary....... probably best parted out, in my opinion. Of course, I drive a stock truck.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
So I was looking at the local facebook auto classifieds and I came across a young man that has a 1994 ECSB K1500 with one ton axles. So I message him and start asking questions, axle specs, ect. He did not know anything about it. Turns out he traded a 01 2wd 3/4 ton chevy for this truck. From the pictures I can tell it is a Dana 60 kingpin from a 90-91 Ford. The read is the FF Sterling from the same Ford.

Moving on, a couple weeks after he got it, the old stock 350 tbi let go. He told me he replaced it with a 305 block with 350 heads. He also tells me he just put in a rebuilt 4l60e and np241 from a 95 k1500. Well I have a 95 k1500, and I thought the tranny was specific to that year only?? Am I wrong?

Anyway, i went and looked at the truck today and took allot of pictures. I have never seen a SAS using the factory Ford shackles. I will let the pictures explain.

Hes a good young man, but hes in way over his head with this truck. Look at the pictures and give me your thoughts please guys. Is it worth taking on? I think i can save it, but unsure if its worth it. Thanks for the help!

Ford Dana 60 HP

Drivers side front Ford Shackle bracket

Passenger Side Ford Shackle

Driver front rear

Tranny

95 is a one year only tranny and are the front mounts connected to the body mounts?? sketchy! And those welds? Ouch

SwatDawg15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
95 is a one year only tranny and are the front mounts connected to the body mounts?? sketchy! And those welds? Ouch

I thought so.. He said it plugged in fine and he ran it up and down the street fine. Im not sure if its the downshift or what that was differnt between 94 and 95. The front brackets are bolted though the frame, and I believe welded. The body mounts do hook to the outer bolt. It really looks like they cut or unbolted the whole hanger section from the 91 F350 and added it to the Chevy. All the front parts are factory Ford, even with the logo. I know some good brackets from ORD ect would be in order.. I do agree its dangerous like it is now, and i would never put it on the road like that. Starting to think the axles is the only good part of this ride.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I thought so.. He said it plugged in fine and he ran it up and down the street fine. Im not sure if its the downshift or what that was differnt between 94 and 95. The front brackets are bolted though the frame, and I believe welded. The body mounts do hook to the outer bolt. It really looks like they cut or unbolted the whole hanger section from the 91 F350 and added it to the Chevy. All the front parts are factory Ford, even with the logo. I know some good brackets from ORD ect would be in order.. I do agree its dangerous like it is now, and i would never put it on the road like that. Starting to think the axles is the only good part of this ride.

It's wired different is what's different depending on price it might not be a bad deal

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
That front axle isn't all that desireable, that's the 36.5" spring perch which is the wider one that cuts into the turn radius with big tires, needs new brackets and redone right, truck itself looks good, the kid is on my lifted trucks group

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
That front axle isn't all that desireable, that's the 36.5" spring perch which is the wider one that cuts into the turn radius with big tires, needs new brackets and redone right, truck itself looks good, the kid is on my lifted trucks group

Except that its got a denali hood on it gaha