My truck is a killer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just checked old receipts and I replaced the IAC in March 2010 with a BWD valve. It was $90.99. Guess I thought it was cheaper. Just bought a new one from O'Reilly and it was $72.99. AC Delco made one, but it had a 3 pin connector. Mine has 4 pin and I'm not going to change a pigtail for it.
The tail light circuit boards are always some cheap brand I think.

As I was removing the cold air intake, the fat rubber gasket going from MAF sensor to filter housing is kinda cut up. Of course K&N doesn't sell replacement parts, only the whole brand new thing :banghead:. Same with the spacer gasket to the intake pipe.

I drive it maybe 5k miles a year. It normally doesn't sit for more than a week at a time.
Wow. That truck must not like sitting. I drive closer to 50k miles a year.

Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
My Suburban blew a rear brake line coming to a stop in traffic once. The E-brake saved me from rear ending a fancy new BMW. That was pretty scary, but I think you still win the thread!
Yeah that jogged my memories of an Oreilly brake caliper that had a tendency to spit my brake pads out only while braking at the busiest intersections I could find...that was a ride, my e-brake saved my ass there for sure. Hence why I found out that I needed to replace the e brake pedal assembly lol

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just checked old receipts and I replaced the IAC in March 2010 with a BWD valve. It was $90.99. Guess I thought it was cheaper. Just bought a new one from O'Reilly and it was $72.99. AC Delco made one, but it had a 3 pin connector. Mine has 4 pin and I'm not going to change a pigtail for it.

Assuming we're talking about the '97 Sierra in your sig with the 350, the correct OEM part number for the IAC should be 17113209. Looks like it's four pin and around $130. Sounds like O'Reillys might have sold you the wrong one...

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
So my 1992 was Eating Alternators . specifically the Voltage regulators on them . Like every 3-6 months . it was driving me crazy. I finally found the culprit a loose door wire was somehow grounding out the Cluster.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My '97s both kill EVO column sensors about once a year... No idea what's up with that. I always replace them with OEM GM sensors.

Blazer92

Reaction score
It also kills the tail light connector board about every 2 years

I bought Anzo 211140 taillights when I found somehow my passenger tail tabs were broke and it was just sitting in there no screws holding it anymore. This setup eliminates the circuit board using twist in bulb base like our turn signals. That number looks factory but they also have a smoke version