My truck is a killer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjupiter100

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else's truck kill things on the regular?

My truck kills a battery about every 2 years, which I've know for the last 15 years or so. Luckily its usually dead in my driveway, so I'm not stranded out anywhere.

New to me is it now likes to kill IAC valve about every 10 years. Is it my cheap 89 octane? Should I run Seafoam annually or something? I also don't remember those bad boys being so dang expensive. Just looked em up online and they're between $60-120. I remember them being like $30!

It also kills the tail light connector board about every 2 years.

Not that I ever plan on selling it, but if I did I'd feel like I'd need to disclose that stuff, haha.

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am impressed. Other than the batteries that is pretty darn good.
You might try a different brand of battery.

I have wondered for a while if switching to led bulbs would extend the life of the tail light boards.

Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Iv only bought interstate batteries and still have them both. one is 8 years old and the other is 10. I thought the black top was dead this winter, but it was cold as hell and the top of it was dirty and was draining across the dirty top.... all good now!

now I think interstate is made in Mexico along with a bunch of other brands and may not be the same quality anymore.

Al

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Iv only bought interstate batteries and still have them both. one is 8 years old and the other is 10. I thought the black top was dead this winter, but it was cold as hell and the top of it was dirty and was draining across the dirty top.... all good now!

now I think interstate is made in Mexico along with a bunch of other brands and may not be the same quality anymore.

Al

My camper came with Interstate batteries and they didn't last but a year. Admittedly, I killed them dead, but they randomly went south later without me killing them. The wife's Envoy came with one and it died an early death without being run down as well. I haven't been impressed with them.