My review of Xentec eBay HIDs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did you aim the housings Dixiepc. I noticed with my TyC's and hid's that if they are off the pattern is horrid. but once aimed they came alive

dixiepc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, I spent 3 or 4 hours in my shop aiming them. I had looked up different was of aiming headlights on the web and aimed them to the best of my understanding.
How did you aim yours, maybe I missed something.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Yes, I spent 3 or 4 hours in my shop aiming them. I had looked up different was of aiming headlights on the web and aimed them to the best of my understanding.
How did you aim yours, maybe I missed something.

I always aim mine by pulling out into the roadand aiming them where i want them, you can go by any measirements you want against a wall to aim them but to me the only real way to know they are where they need to be is to aim them where they are gonna be used

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
let us know how they work for you, mine only lasted for two months and all four burnt out. had 6k in high and low beams.

Did you have a relay harness? You can burn them out if you just use stock wiring cause you're basically starving them for power.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
My review on xentrecs is they sucked ass they flickered,and i burnt up 3 ballast in 6 months

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
stock wiring, don't see how the stock wiring is bad. From my understanding the ballast they come with are suppose to correct the 12v incoming voltage and do what it needs to power the lights. Whats this heavy duty harness? like the LMC heavy duty headlight harness?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
stock wiring, don't see how the stock wiring is bad. From my understanding the ballast they come with are suppose to correct the 12v incoming voltage and do what it needs to power the lights. Whats this heavy duty harness? like the LMC heavy duty headlight harness?

Meangreen here on the forum also sells the hd kit, the ballasts do correct the voltage however since your not supplying all the much power to the ballasts they work harder to correct it whereas if you had the hd harness there would be more power to the ballasts causing them to not work as hard

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That still don't really tell me why or whats different between the two harnesses. Is it because HIDs need more amps and the HD harness is a heavier wire? because simply uping wiring size won't get you anymore power, 12v is 12v

dixiepc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the factory wiring the headlights pull all their power through the headlight switch and very small gauge wires. So with these restrictions and the headlight on, you will be lucky to have 10V at the lights. With the HD harness the switch controls a relay and the headlights get full voltage through a 12 gauge wire directly from the battery.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
That still don't really tell me why or whats different between the two harnesses. Is it because HIDs need more amps and the HD harness is a heavier wire? because simply uping wiring size won't get you anymore power, 12v is 12v

The hd harness is thicker wiring yes, and incorrect on the 12v is 12v statement, the factory wiring is small which means the power is being diminished and the lights arent getting the full 12v the thicker wiring of the hd harness allows more power to reach the lights, ill see if i can get Baron to explain this better since he is the wiring guru