My next project.. 2000 Z71 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
First of truck looks great! Second could you measure from ground to the fender lip. I'm trying to gauge if I can fit a 275/55 or a 275/60 on my truck.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Either size should fit. I realized i havent made any updates on this thread lately so heres some updates.

7/8/14Current mileage is at 296k, and shows no signs of stopping anytime soon.

Lets face it, rust never sleeps. Paint was beginning to bubble up again on my doors. I picked up a set of Pewter doors and a factory tan cargo cover for cheap from craigslist.
You must be registered for see images

Unfortunately the doors I got, the wiring harness was cut all to hell (because unplugging stuff makes sense..) so i had to remove the door harness, from a total of 4 doors, and reinstall my two good ones.
I was also told the paint was in excellent condition...

After wet sanding; 1500-3000 and hitting it with Meguiars 105 compound..

Now if only the Pewter was a match...

Next on the list is the roof rack.. on the fence, either remove and plug holes, or Esky/Nali rack... and to de-mold or not to

7/18/14 Threw on some 275/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, a little more aggressive then the Goodyear LS-2's..

7/22/14 Just installed an Escalade roof rack I picked up at the junkyard for $12. Had to paint it to match, but turned out pretty well.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
8/20/14 Recent work done; replaced a sticky brake caliper, installed new pads, and installed LED reverse lights.

I let my dad borrow my Tahoe for a week. He drove it up to Lake Ontario(mind you were in Central Virginia) pulling a golf cart. Got 14mpg with traffic and A/C on. On the way back in stop and go traffic with A/C on got 16mpg. (Best Ive gotten is 21.7 with A/C off)

Lake Seneca

9/19/14
Well, let the hating begin; I gave er some crank on the front for a little bit of squat. Looking for some 33x12.5x20s now..

But in other news..

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And currently.. Got some new treads. Some 33x12.50x20 Goodyear Duratracs. I liked my other set i had, so i figured id go with them again

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
The truck looks awesome! I really like the esky roof rack parts. And That color is really hard to match, I see trucks like that with panels that just are not the same shade all the time.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice choice on the roof rack!! I likes those terra graps on the 20s! :)