My next project.. 2000 Z71 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
look good. i would kiil to have those gmt400s in my junk yard! all the ones we got are completely stripped and f***ed up! makes finding anything worthwhile impossible :(

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your lucky having a Limited and Z71 in your junkyard only seen an OBS Denali over here once, want the seats out of any of the 3 lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its nice but sometimes i still cant find what i NEED.. like a drivers seat lol. But i took my girl out of town for her birthday dinner tonight and passed by a new Chevrolet dealer and they had a brand new Z71 Hoe out front. Couldnt resist a pic..
You must be registered for see images attach

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
How messed up were the ground effects on that limited?

If I were you, I'd pull them and sell them. They're rare and some people want them. Just my $0.02. Heck, if I had money, I'd pick them up. :rofl:

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I actually went back for them and it was gone! Hope someone got em before it went to the crusher. I may go grab that z71 bumper and throw it on craigslist before its too late.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay here was my biggest issue with this Tahoe..
My driver seat seems to have a broken hinge.. or something. The base is still tight, its just the seat back. As you can see its got the gangster lean, and the reclining mechanism is broken too, as it will go all the way back but will only lock in the position its in.
You must be registered for see images

I can twist it foward by pulling on it too..

Talked to a buddy of mine. His mother is an upholsterer, so he grew up around this stuff, and hes a welder by trade.. and he offered to tear into my seat.

This was all that was left of my frame after removing the broken parts lol

The bottom cross bar broke on one side, the outer frame broke at the corner, the upper cross bar snapped off, and the small rod that runs across broke off as well.. but its all welded back together and as good as new.

Now the icing on the cake.. while we were wrestling the leather off, a relay fell off from the bottom of the seat. I plugged it back in before we bolted it back in the truck.. and now my heated seat works! Winning.

Last edited:

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The clips on my original door bezel snapped off (imagine that right!?). Anyways got this grey one out of the junkyard. And had this SEM colorcoat paint i never used. I got the paint originally because i had intended to buy a center console out of a Denali.. so it would have been gray.. but I ended up getting one out of an Escalade.

Meh.. a few shades brighter lol, but it actually almost spot on matches the factory Escalade console color.

And painted the bumper..

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Washed, Waxed and detailed looking fresh.

Got the rear bumper on and polished it out.
Before

After

Went up to Shenandoah National Park. Wanted to cruise Skyline drive in the snow.. but NPS had it closed because the snow was too bad.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up this from a buddy last night..

Because 21 jump street..

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
How many coats did you put on your bumper? Was it SS or BC/CC? How much material did you use? I'm trying to gauge how much I need for my W/T bumper and Esky roof rack.