My next project.. 2000 Z71 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
do you by chance have a pic of how the fog lights brackets are made? have a diesel bumper i'd like to add some too, great looking truck!

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Paint was a BC/CC. 3 coats of each. Honestly should have done more. For the fog light brackets check this tread out ; http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58555

So since my last update, ive had to replace a CV axle, a rear pinion seal. Mileage is now at 289k. Now for some pics in the snow..
You must be registered for see images

Cleaned the engine bay and shampooed the front carpets..

And then i sold my 17s for some Texas Edition 20s

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Work done since my last post; replaced windshield, replaced leaking oil plug, removed and reapplied 3m Paint Defender on front bumper. I tried Rust-Oleum's water proofing crack sealant on the bottoms of the doors to prevent future rust. Cleaned and re oiled air filter, replaced u-oints in front shaft. Finally installed new y pipe and cats. No more exhaust leaks! But now those heat shields are rattling. Y pipe is from Muffer Express. I bought it off craigslist brand new in box for cheap.

Cant tell if rear main is leaking.. or oil from my leaky drain plug is just being blown all over the pan and bell housing.

And i got the bumper back together.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went to Nags Head this weekend. Averaged 20.2mpg on the way there.

Full chassis cleaning after the beach.

And got started on doing my B&M Super Cooler mod. Little set back with the lock rings on the quick connects.. ended up losing one and couldn't get the second one off. I actually did one side with out even removing the lock ring and line, so, I think you can get away with doing this without even fooling with those little ******* lock rings. Your knuckles will appreciate it.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
i thought you couldnt drive on the beach in Nags Head after march? could be wrong though

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Certain parts of the OBX closed. And the beaches that are open, are only accessible from 7a-9p.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Certain parts of the OBX closed. And the beaches that are open, are only accessible from 7a-9p.

oh okay, im only familiar with the 4x4 beach access north of corolla, which is year round driving access