My Hazards are stuck on..need advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UrbanBurban

Reaction score
Well here goes nothing. My father and I were taking off the dash cover to install a CD Player delete cubby and he accidentally broke the hazard button off. When he did that, the hazards were stuck on. I pushed the broken button back in and it was fine. I went to use the hazards to see if it was completely broken and I think the button broke even more causing the hazards to stay on and not click back down. I wedged it with a little piece of thin wood and a rubberband.

So, here's the big question. Is it possible to get a new switch and fix the issue without getting a new steering column, or am I screwed?

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All is not lost. Its part of the multifunction switch. Turn signals, wipers, cruise control and hazard are all one big expensive switch. If you have them turned off for now leave em till you find one. Junkyard would be cheapest bet.

Incredible Hulk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can purchase the hazard switch.... I would disconnect the battery when you pull it out... Not sure if it will hurt anything but better safe than sorry .. You can get them at your local parts store or Ebay... I have had to replace the whole assembly before and it was around $100 and not that hard to do.... The hazard switch just presses back in and latches..

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
IIRC, most gents who have done it (I have not) just pull the hazard button out and push the new one in.

Search the site, I believe "airmanskee" has a few posts about it...if memory serves, he snapped his off by mistake also.