My free truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Are you keeping the fender flares? I'm looking for a set. Got the same paint scheme as you, white and metal!!!

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i'm gonna keep the flares. I plan on spraying them with a flat black as well. Ive got the bed in the garage now stripped down with the first pass of primer. feathering out the edges where the pain was peeling is turning into a pain. I spent like 2 hours with some 400grit yesterday getting aquainted with the lines and smoothing them out lol. Anyone have any experience spraying the hot rod flatz paint?

ill post some pix for an update later

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the driver side blended better for some reason. i had the gun adjusted wrong so i'm having to sand out some opeel but other than that the nason/dupont primer sprayed on pretty good i suppose

Last edited:

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not the greatest job but i cant complain much for 1) its my first attempt 2) its a garage job lol 3) i didnt do much body work other than tons of sanding. Figured i was just gonna add to the dents soon anyway lol

Last edited:

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not that many ppl are probably following this but i arranged some of my photo bucket junk so the links changed. but heres the link and ill post up some pics of the almost finished product so far

http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x432/joshjuniorr/war%20wagon/

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

ive put the hood etc back on since the pic. i catch flak from guys at work about it cause its flat black lol

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
How did you get the bed smooth? Did you fill in where the white paint was missing or did you strip it down and start over?

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
youve got a few options actually. you can strip it down to bare metal...which depending on the method you use might be easier. or you can do it like i did and sand it as smooth as possible by "feathering" out the edges then spray primer and repeat. but that ended up being a huge pain. i'd feather out the paint edges then when i'd wipe everything down with the prep sol i'd get some of the old paint that i just feathered out starting to peel.. i think the solvent was causing it. The peel or as i call it paint herpes is common for our year trucks. something to do with the primer and galvanized body panels depending on who you talk to lol. if i do it again ill definitely remove all the old top color coat for sure it would have saved me a ton of time and headache.

some beach pics

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: