my custom cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jauica's 90

Reaction score
i was at the wrecking yard a couple weeks ago and came across a 4.9 caddy.. i looked at it and noticed it had a tbi.. i took the part that goes over the tbi and the the bolt. got some 3 inch pipe an elbow a new filter and flat black paint and this is the final result.. runs way better than the lid fliped... let me know what you guys think...
You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks pretty good, didn't yours already have the cold air from factory? My 88 does sucks it in from the fender. I'm going to open element.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
looks pretty good, didn't yours already have the cold air from factory? My 88 does sucks it in from the fender. I'm going to open element.

:lol: stupidest design ever, it sucks though like a 2" plastic piece inside your fender, then the silencer box is only like a 2" or 3" hole.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea but it's still "cold air" I hate the thing it's big, bulky and ugly. Mines at least 3 inch though, then the box for mine is like 8 or so inches wide and about 3-4 tall or so, then it goes into a tube that's like 5 or 6 inches wide by like 2 inches tall and necks down smaller into the air cleaner.

The OP's is 3 inch tubing all the way. From the looks of it, it does away with that stupid spacer ring too, which should help airflow.

la perica

Reaction score
i had the k&n c.a.i that they make for tbi trucks but not i got the aircleaner like 2tone95's

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i was at the wrecking yard a couple weeks ago and came across a 4.9 caddy.. i looked at it and noticed it had a tbi.. i took the part that goes over the tbi and the the bolt. got some 3 inch pipe an elbow a new filter and flat black paint and this is the final result.. runs way better than the lid fliped... let me know what you guys think...

Nice find, and it look's good!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where the hell did you get that lid? From the caddy or home depot? lol I'm thinking I want open element on my TBI but I'm unsure what the best one is.

ridin_low07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks pretty slick bro. What model caddy was it in? May look at doin that to mine