My baby--

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What to do guys?! Found a 97 halfton 2wd crewcab chevy locally for sale. 175k on the odometer. $4800, but im sure I could get him down to around $4500. I already have 2 trucks. If I bought this crew, id throw my 95 RCSB up for sale. Question is, its not a need, simply a want, a BIG want tho lol. Should I or not? I have other things the money could be used better on, but im so tired of a dd with no space in it. Such a tough decision! Lol What y'all think??

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man I am the wrong person for advice here as I have a weakness for crew cab's, but I'd say go for it, it could look awesome!

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man I am the wrong person for advice here as I have a weakness for crew cab's, but I'd say go for it, it could look awesome!

I see it like this. I get the crew, and once I sell the Rcsb put that money towards payin off the crew! Lol What makes the decision to buy it even stronger, is the truck is solid white. Obviously by this thread, I have a weakness for a white obs! Lol Top it all off with the fact that the crews bed is in pretty bad shape, but guess what I have just sittin here at the house? That's right, a white step bed! Lol And to think, I was tryin to stay away from putting anything on my credit card! Haha

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
America is littered with these half ass shops. What's sad is they get away with it 99% of the time because how is suzy q ever gonna know? She sure as hell isn't gonna get her ass under the car and see their terrible work ya know? I mean we represent the top of the line threat customer. One who actually understand what's being done and will know if it ain't done right. It makes me sick really. I continue to say it but the automotive business is the most lucrative of all :nono: They can charge basically whatever because the average person has no idea what a knock sensor is or what it should cost. I love going to get estimates on little simple things and hearing that $900 quote when the part is $65 and it takes me an hour LOL I just laugh in their face, shake my head and walk out. I have a feeling they get what's coming to them in the long run. I am also VERY lucky to have a buddy that is EXTrEMELY knowledgeable all around.. My truck wouldn't be near what it is today if it wasn't for him. He's saved me thhhoouussannndsss and so often I'll pay him just killer to say thanks. Like we did my shock hoops in a couple hrs and he helped me I threw him $100 and he never even mentioned $$$

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nvr2lo, if you can swing it without stressing out the bank then go for it. If you have to max out a credit card to make it happen, then it's a big nono. I just saw u saidsomething about credit card so I didn't know but that's my .02

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't have to max it out, just would put about half of the truck on the card to keep from pullin so much from my account. I will never max out a card, as each time I use it, I pay it off within a month or 2 before using it again

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you already know my opinion on this haha

A crew cab obs isnt a "want" its a "need" :lol:

Lol, you have a very valid point there! Im in the process of lookin over some of the finances, and gonna see what I can swing. I mean, geez, its only money right?! I can't take it to the grave! Lol

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Hey just read thru your thread and first of all I love your ex-cab , as far as my opinion on the crew cab (not that you care ) Is go for it as long as its not gonna break you . If it was just a super clean rcsb or ecsb I'd say no , but those trucks are super rare ( I only seen 1 or 2 in person ) and you dont know when you will find another .
Oh and hi from Bossier lol