My baby--

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man I would do a weld on parallel 4 link like one from AVS or QAR, with a watt's link, and then build my own cantilever setup for lot's of lift and a smooth ride, and in the front I would ditch the stock CA's and do tubular upper's and lower's like the ones sold by Ridetech, Choppin block etc., also I would add one more air tank like you were supposed to get, and lastly I would switch to Slam Specialties bag's, I personally don't like Air Lift bag's, I have seen several come uncrimped and blow apart, I have a couple of them in my shop right now.
All great ideas man! I've never tackled a bag setup myself, so whatever is done will be a completely new learning experience.
And as far as the bags go, I was supposed to get Slam re 7s on all 4 corners the first time, instead they put the airlift ones on. The second time they had it I made sure they went back in with slams. So I already have them. Do you have any pics of some custom cantilever setups with 4 link to give me some ideas of just what all ill have to do?? Thanks for all the help and info man!

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, some newbie questions. What exactly is the difference in parallel, triangulated, and wish bone 4 link setups, and the advantages/disadvantages of each?? And you think the an avs 4 link with watts and cantilever setup would be better then a kp 6link??
Again, sorry to bug with all the questions. Thanks again man!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would have to dig around and see if I have any pic's of custom suspension, I know I do but where is the question. Also I have the KP six link with Watt's link and I don't think that the AVS 4 link and watt's would be any better but it would be just as good for a lot less money, but that's really just your personal preference. I like how a parallel 4 link on these truck's keep's the pinion angle good throughout the range of up and down rearend movement.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The truck scene should never become anything about trophies, or who has the baddest ride on the block.

Exactly! I have done many interiors for judged vehicles, & some have won 'Best of's', but that doesn't mean that it IS the best. That is just an opinion of 1,2, or 3 people, that that vehicle was the best on that day, among whatever other vehicles were present. Totally objective.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly! I have done many interiors for judged vehicles, & some have won 'Best of's', but that doesn't mean that it IS the best. That is just an opinion of 1,2, or 3 people, that that vehicle was the best on that day, among whatever other vehicles were present. Totally objective.

Damn skippy, much like movie, food, art and music critics, thats what they like, doesnt mean its the best or that you have to make your stuff look like theirs. Thats why I dont like judged things, its an opinion, kinda like coming first in a foot race, no arguments there.

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would have to dig around and see if I have any pic's of custom suspension, I know I do but where is the question. Also I have the KP six link with Watt's link and I don't think that the AVS 4 link and watt's would be any better but it would be just as good for a lot less money, but that's really just your personal preference. I like how a parallel 4 link on these truck's keep's the pinion angle good throughout the range of up and down rearend movement.

Yeah man, if you can find some pics that would be awesome. If I keep the bagged setup, I still want it to be a custom setup, but I want it to ride great, and perform great as well! And if AVS has as good a quality as KP, then I'm all about saving some extra coin to put elsewhere in the truck. And keeping a good pinion angle goes into performing like it should, its gotta be there! lol Thanks man

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ohh, last but not least. Since it sat in their shop for a combined 6 months, the spark overspray from them grinding on other vehicles practically ruined the paint, which was immaculate! And this happened at their shop as well, which they said was already there:
You must be registered for see images attach

Finally after proving it to them by showing pictures of before and after, they finally said it must have happened there and actually fixed it. Oh, and to give yall an idea of how much more was supposed to have been done, the final price tag, which they wanted upfront, was just shy of $5000.
The end lol
--Josh

DUDE finally someone I can relate to!!! I have these exact problems when getting work done ALL OF THE TIME! I HATE HATE HATE the attitude/carelessness of alot of these "custom shop" scum douchers...Seriously, I hate to say it and even feel like a ****** saying it and not trying to stereotype this custom mechanic (or any mechanic) scene but I've found it to be true ALOT of the time. You take the truck in to have something done they say they can do and quote you on. Then halfway through can't turn back he realizes all this **** that he didn't even know (even though he said he did and that he could do it) and so then the price DOUBLES and alot of times you pay them to do something that in turn just creates more problems...Like yesterday had to get a section of exhaust (cat convert section on true duals) re welded and raised above new cross member....Went to THREE exhaust shops that all tried to BS me or just flat out ignored me. #1 tried to make it seem like rocket science and that it would cost hundreds just to weld my cats back on...Dude, how the **** you gonna tell me it'll take 4 hours to weld my cats on when it took 1 hr to do the whole exhaust system. Shop #2 just flat out acted like I wasn't there. The "exhaust technician" redneck low life sack of ***** were just sitting around on bar stools. Everytime I tried to make eye contact or talk to someone they'd walk off...This went on for 30 minutes when I said **** it and went to shop #3 who tried to give me the same line as #1...Then I came back in town to my orig shop and they did it in 30 mins but now I have a huge exhaust leak and the welds on my exhaust are a joke. A black deaf guy did it all. The price was good but the quality of work was no better than what I would do, and I've never welded in my life.

Sorry for the rant but I swear guys moral of the story, you want your baby done right? DO IT YOURSELF! This is one thing I've found has endless truth. Don't think because you're paying a hefty $5000 price tag for custom work, that that means they will treat your truck any better than a piece of garbage. This is why I yearn so bad for the knowledge to do custom metal/electrical/motor/paint work!! You notice the truely MINT custom rides are the guys who do all their own work. Pay the typical scumbags to do it and you get scum quality. Sorry again for rambling but I'm fresh out of being sort of F'd over yesterday (***** really would be the better term) so I wanted to make my point on this.

A perfect example is DRAGGIN95, that guy has the sickest lowered truck and that's not even my thing. Everything on it I can gaurantee is done right. He's always on here helping people, very knowledgable, and always in good mood because he does everyting right and doesn't have to rely on some retard and isn't pissed like me :D but really though, I think it just goes to show the reality of everything I say.

Last edited:

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DUDE finally someone I can relate to!!! I have these exact problems when getting work done ALL OF THE TIME! I HATE HATE HATE the attitude/carelessness of alot of these "custom shop" scum douchers...Seriously, I hate to say it and even feel like a ****** saying it and not trying to stereotype this custom mechanic (or any mechanic) scene but I've found it to be true ALOT of the time. You take the truck in to have something done they say they can do and quote you on. Then halfway through can't turn back he realizes all this **** that he didn't even know (even though he said he did and that he could do it) and so then the price DOUBLES and alot of times you pay them to do something that in turn just creates more problems...Like yesterday had to get a section of exhaust (cat convert section on true duals) re welded and raised above new cross member....Went to THREE exhaust shops that all tried to BS me or just flat out ignored me. #1 tried to make it seem like rocket science and that it would cost hundreds just to weld my cats back on...Dude, how the **** you gonna tell me it'll take 4 hours to weld my cats on when it took 1 hr to do the whole exhaust system. Shop #2 just flat out acted like I wasn't there. The "exhaust technician" redneck low life sack of ***** were just sitting around on bar stools. Everytime I tried to make eye contact or talk to someone they'd walk off...This went on for 30 minutes when I said **** it and went to shop #3 who tried to give me the same line as #1...Then I came back in town to my orig shop and they did it in 30 mins but now I have a huge exhaust leak and the welds on my exhaust are a joke. A black deaf guy did it all. The price was good but the quality of work was no better than what I would do, and I've never welded in my life.

Sorry for the rant but I swear guys moral of the story, you want your baby done right? DO IT YOURSELF! This is one thing I've found has endless truth. Don't think because you're paying a hefty $5000 price tag for custom work, that that means they will treat your truck any better than a piece of garbage. This is why I yearn so bad for the knowledge to do custom metal/electrical/motor/paint work!! You notice the truely MINT custom rides are the guys who do all their own work. Pay the typical scumbags to do it and you get scum quality. Sorry again for rambling but I'm fresh out of being sort of F'd over yesterday (***** really would be the better term) so I wanted to make my point on this.

A perfect example is DRAGGIN95, that guy has the sickest lowered truck and that's not even my thing. Everything on it I can gaurantee is done right. He's always on here helping people, very knowledgable, and always in good mood because he does everyting right and doesn't have to rely on some retard and isn't pissed like me :D but really though, I think it just goes to show the reality of everything I say.

Nice novel buddy! lol I understand what you're saying tho. I had mine bagged by a shop because I had no clue of anything to do with bags, but learning the way that I have, it won't happen again. I'll sit down and become obsessed with it until I learn all that I need to know and do it myself. And I'm very picky about my truck, so it will be done right, or it won't be done. lol

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
DUDE finally someone I can relate to!!! I have these exact problems when getting work done ALL OF THE TIME! I HATE HATE HATE the attitude/carelessness of alot of these "custom shop" scum douchers.

x2!!!!!!!!!!! seems like some ppl dont care how the work turns out, as long as they have your money they can care less! i know that there is a body shop in my town exactly like that and when my truck was first painted they never even bothered to sand my fender lips down to bare metal, they just sprayed over the old paint which was burgundy cuz i needed a new box and found a rust free one in mint condition at a local wreckers and the cheap pricks just sprayed over old paint on the lips and when i washed my truck all the blue paint on my fender lips chipped off and the burgundy paint was showing. so i knew right away that those guys never sanded them down and charged me full price for a half ass job! ended up getting it fixed after i went there and complained and it was re-done the right way but now ill never go back there!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Thank's man, but I am still learning, but your reason's are the exact same reason's that I started doing all my own work, I couldn't trust anyone else to do it, and have fixed many a hack job that other shop's and places have done. I wish that I had the place and the knowledge to paint also but I just haven't picked that up yet.