my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I asked Steve how he did his since its been passed around and still working good. He said he'd of made his brace wider and sent a pic. So I made mine a lot wider and angled. It takes all the flex out the door, so hopefully this will do it. Thinking about throwing some angle along the edge of the angled brace just to be on the safe side.

Reaction score
Track is removable, or it will be..Lol. I'm going to weld a flat plate on it so it'll be screw mounted. That was actually the first thing I took into consideration :)

Reaction score
Drilled out the spot welds and also used the cut off section of the factory panel as a guide template so it'll be in its correct spot.

Reaction score
Finally got the door adjusted pretty good.. going to buy some bobolts to replace the allen screws. They tend to strip to easily..
You must be registered for see images attach

It's wild how far it opens..

New body style latch. Unlike the bear claws, factory latches catch twice, so if doors aren't closed fully. It still can't open on you..

And the NBS catch.. I made the latch plate and catch plates from the 1/8" sheet metal..