My 454 Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thinking of buying HP tuners cuz it more user friendly than the free stuff from what i read and i need user friendly.
HP tuners website is kinda confusing. Looks like the setup i need is $500. Can anyone tell me if this is the setup i need, MPV3 and 2 credits
Thanks.
That's what I have. It doesn't really have anything more available than Tunerpro, but it is more intuitive and easy to tune using the scanning software. I had to get it in order to do the things I needed to do on my 2011 Suburban, it was just a bonus that it also works for the 0411.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It also looks like my o2 sensors are bad?. All 4 were replaced with Walker brand sensors about 6 months ago. Cross counts go from 0 to 260 over maybe two minutes.
Here are two pics showing o2 sensor data.
Is there any data i can get that you might wanna see?
You must be registered for see images attach
I see RPM, MAP, and fuel trims. There's NO O2 sensor data there.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thinking of buying HP tuners cuz it more user friendly than the free stuff from what i read and i need user friendly.
HP tuners website is kinda confusing. Looks like the setup i need is $500. Can anyone tell me if this is the setup i need, MPV3 and 2 credits
Thanks.
That's right, with 2 credits will get you there. But 2 credits only gets you one ECU... if you are going HP Tuners, you should put that 0411 back in.......

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it does not really show up now but earlier it showed B1S2, 60 to 95 and B2S2 630 to 700.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cross counts go from 0 to 260 over maybe two minutes.
I've never heard of cross-counts as far as o2 sensor function testing. Only voltages.

If you wind up with HP tuners I'd be happy to help point some stuff out to you

Last edited:

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, im getting the cash out of my savings tomorrow and order it i think.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's my plan. Keep the black box ecu installed and do some learning with it.
The 0411 i have was tuned by black bear using EFILive so i'll need to find a HP Tuners starter tune for the 0411. I think.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 0411 i have was tuned by black bear using EFILive so i'll need to find a HP Tuners starter tune for the 0411. I think.
You can find a 0411 tune pretty easily in the HP tuners repository I'm sure.

Some things that should be looked at between your BB tune and a factory tune:
Max RPM possible for every gear to ensure you cannot overrev,
Injector firing timing position
Actual engine displacement per cylinder (good if you're bored over or something)

Things like your VE table will not be able to be directly compared with the black box map. I think someone around here made a converter, I was also working on one but it's not finished, so it may be possible to compare this way.

A handy tool in the tuning suite is in the scanner there is a way to manually control the engine and transmission... so while it's idling, or even being driven, you can force a commanded engine speed, spark advance, kill injectors one by one, lock the torque converter, etc.

I'd start by figuring out the idle speed and spark advance your engine likes at idle at least. The injector toggle function may be helpful in seeing if the effect of dropping #4 or #7 cylinder is the same as dropping another... so this can help you realize if issues are fuel or spark related too.... or if the ECU even notices misfires for the correct cylinder.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can pull the 0411 tune you have out with HPTuners as well and use it as a starting point. I for one would be interested in seeing what their “base” 0411 L29 tube looks like..