My 454 Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been watching your progress. You were going to post a vid with you having some fun with it?
I am still in tune stage. And looking for almost impossible, a less loud than stock muffler that would flow better than the stock muffler.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like ill be giving this setup a try.
Comp cams Ultra Pro Magnum rocker arms.
Crower short Polylock Nuts.
From what i have been told here and what i have read this should fit under stock valve covers.
Ohya and Rocker Arm Conversion Kit. Has the 3/8 to 7/16 studs.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally picked up my engine today and it was disappointing.
it is pretty much totally stock rebuild bored .030 over. Stock cam shaft. New Flat top pistons with two valve reliefs. 3 angle valve job. Stock springs with spacers and rotators.
So now im just at a loss on what to do. Should i just finish it off stock or try to find a little better cam and get a tune from black bear on the stock black box PCM.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe i was expecting too much for $2600.
I ended up with a board .030 block and an entire Engine Tech parts rebuild. Engine Tech is not the worst stuff out there, But.
I asked for Clevite77 main and rod bearings. Installed are ET BiMetal bearings. #BC-364/BB619
I asked for new rod bolts, It looks like the old rod bolts were used.
I was supposed to get a standard crank. My installed crank is 10/10
I asked for Beehive springs with rotator eliminators. I have stock springs with rotators.
New ET oil pump i will not be using. Will get a milling.
No gaskets.
New ET cam #ES-5183
New DNJ? lifters #LF-3181 Not sure but i think these are very low quality?

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything in post 36 that would explain why your engine didn't get built the way you and the builder discussed. Post 36 mentions numerous non-stock things that apparently didn't get done.
Exactly.