My 2000 C2500 5.7L Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I don't usually have an issue with getting the right parts for my 99, looking it up as a 99, if I'm looking for OEM type replacement parts. Where I've noticed problems is if I'm looking at high performance, or accessory type parts.... those manufactures/sellers don't always know what to do with our late 400s. They tend to either list "Silverado" parts, or they list both 400 and 800 stuff together.
Like @delta_p says, "when Silverado was just a trim...."

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like @delta_p says, "when Silverado was just a trim...."
My first truck was a 1991 S10 with the Durango package. Actually had stickers on the back of the box (where full size trucks had Z71, etc). I got so many people saying things like "Hey, did you steal that name from Dodge?"
Similarly, my Dads S10 had the Tahoe package, long before the GM made SUV's in "medium".
By the way S10 Durango goes all the way back to 1982

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
My first truck was a 1991 S10 with the Durango package. Actually had stickers on the back of the box (where full size trucks had Z71, etc). I got so many people saying things like "Hey, did you steal that name from Dodge?"
Similarly, my Dads S10 had the Tahoe package, long before the GM made SUV's in "medium".
By the way S10 Durango goes all the way back to 1982
Yes we looked at Tahoe/Yukon when they came out, since they were a little shorter than Burbs. They were more expensive, so we decided "less truck for more bucks " . No offense meant to the people who have and love them! They're just not right for my situation. But I would take a 2 door if the right one came along, because that would be a good DD since it is smaller and easier to park and feed.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I don't understand what you're trying to say. I don't see anything by delta_p in this thread.
That was part of his signature and the caption on his avatar, and I too am old enough to remember this! That's why I mentioned it, as it seems relevant to the discussion.