My 2000 C2500 5.7L Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi all!
Just joined here and wanted to share my 2000 C2500 RCLB that I bought from the original owner for $800. Shes my utility truck that gets put to work regularly. She’s running a lil sluggish right now, but hopefully some plugs, wires, and a new fuel filter improves that.

I know it’s a 2000, and GMT400s are typically 88-98, but I promise the title says plain and clear GMT400!

Any way, thanks for letting me share my truck!
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 30E787C8-4E10-4627-9D5B-34BDD1DF6666.jpeg
    30E787C8-4E10-4627-9D5B-34BDD1DF6666.jpeg
    471.4 KB · Views: 16
  • F79DCC93-3FAC-48CB-945E-D0E0008EA2AC.jpeg
    F79DCC93-3FAC-48CB-945E-D0E0008EA2AC.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 14

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Hi all!
Just joined here and wanted to share my 2000 C2500 RCLB that I bought from the original owner for $800. Shes my utility truck that gets put to work regularly. She’s running a lil sluggish right now, but hopefully some plugs, wires, and a new fuel filter improves that.

I know it’s a 2000, and GMT400s are typically 88-98, but I promise the title says plain and clear GMT400!

Any way, thanks for letting me share my truck!
You must be registered for see images attach
That is a clean truck, especially for Ohio. Plugs,wires, fuel filter and cap and rotor will definitely help performance.
Welcome to the forum!
Some series of 400s were built into 99 and 2000, using up remaining parts inventory before all the new design trucks were available. Plus there was a strike during the retooling period, so the new 99 trucks debuted later than they were supposed to. I can attest that having the VIN number will be helpful buying parts; I've had experience with 2 99 Suburbans and a 1990 square body Burb on this, where the parts store tried to give me newer model parts.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Hi all!

Wow, that's cheap for a truck in that nice of shape in the rust belt!

You might want to check the fuel pressure before doing much of anything else. There's a port on the top of the engine to connect a fuel pressure gauge.

I know it’s a 2000, and GMT400s are typically 88-98...

Only to those that don't look past 1/2 tons. GM doesn't change over all plants at once, so they can keep running.... a major change over takes time and they're not wanting to have all the truck plants down at once. I would imagine that in some cases they have to give suppliers a little breathing room too.

Was your truck built at Arlington Assembly?

Reaction score
Wow, that's cheap for a truck in that nice of shape in the rust belt!

You might want to check the fuel pressure before doing much of anything else. There's a port on the top of the engine to connect a fuel pressure gauge.

Was your truck built at Arlington Assembly?
Thanks for the compliments. To be fair, it was a rebuilt title due to a buck ramming his head through the driver side door. Insurance totalled it despite only the door getting damaged. Previous owner bought a door and ta-da! Back to a whole truck.

mill have to check the fuel pressure; I didn’t think of that. Im a computer guy by trade and slowly learning about cars.

im not sure about the Arlington plant; I’ll have to check on that.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. To be fair, it was a rebuilt title due to a buck ramming his head through the driver side door. Insurance totalled it despite only the door getting damaged. Previous owner bought a door and ta-da! Back to a whole truck.

It's all about $$$, if they don't value the truck very highly, they won't pay to fix it.

mill have to check the fuel pressure; I didn’t think of that. Im a computer guy by trade and slowly learning about cars.

im not sure about the Arlington plant; I’ll have to check on that.

You should have a sticker on the driver's side door saying what plant it came from, but if it's not there, it'll be coded in the VIN. I just wondered, if it was Arlington, because that's where my 99 was built.

Reaction score
It's all about $$$, if they don't value the truck very highly, they won't pay to fix it.

You should have a sticker on the driver's side door saying what plant it came from, but if it's not there, it'll be coded in the VIN. I just wondered, if it was Arlington, because that's where my 99 was built.
I’ll have to check the vin, cuz you know now my driver side door isn’t original