My 1996 Centurion CCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 Centurion

Reaction score
Thanks I invisioned the truck this way when I seen another crew cab (non centurion) was dropped and shaved of handles. And it was black also, so I'm pretty stoked as to where it's at from when I brought it. I have not really gotten much here either on Centurion trucks. I know they put a serial number on the back right rear bed of the truck I have (I left it on there) I last tracked it thru the dealer all they coud tell me was that it was made by Centurion authorized by GM and it's titled as a single cab. And that 30 were authorized by GM 15 2 wheel drives and 15 Z71's to be built by Centurion Conversions. This is what they sent me on email a while back: Sir,

These truck are extremely Rare! You are correct it is indeed a Centurion Conversion. Centurion is a company that stretches and transforms new half ton trucks directly from the Chevrolet assembly line into interesting GM prototypes.

Showroom condition 1997 Chevy Centurion 1500 series

Here's a little info on Chevy Centurions...
Centurion is the leader in automotive conversions and is well known for their crew cab conversion trucks featuring the most popular Chevy 1500 using 100% GM parts that are warrantied through your GM dealer. They are known for building extremely rare models that few have heard about... or ever seen! The 1997-1998 half ton models are hard to come by and if you do they are still worth a pretty penny! The 97-98 1500 crewcab/short bed is extremely rare so if you own one then you have a needle in the haystack! Centurion Conversions had a very limited production number of these trucks. Aprox every 4 months one was picked off the assembly line and sent to Centurion. After the conversion most seemed to have been purchased by GM employees. The 4wd models were fewer and started just under $40k at $39,975. All GM dealership brochures in the 90's only offered a standard & extended cab in the 1500 series trucks... however a limited amount of 2500 & 3500 crew cab longbed W/T (work trucks) were available by special order only. Centurion Conversions were bought out by Southern Comfort Conversions 1/24/06...

Hope this helps?
Thanks that is awesome to hear how limited the Centurions are, you have helped me a lot and will follow the route you took to find out more about mine. Mine also has the centurion badges, and sticker on rear with serial number. Also in the glove box iirc, my seats also have the centurion logo embroidered into the seat, wood trim on dash and doors, special console with heated/cooled cup holders and a TV (10" Box tv), front and rear air, captains chairs front and middle row and rear bench. A vin check online said it was purchased as an incomplete chassis.

Thanks for all the info, and keep up the good work on your truck!

James

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wash and wax day getting the crew ready for cruise'n night in Old SA!!
You must be registered for see images attach

The Crew is ready for tonight!!

Upstairs view!!

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Guys It's been a bad ass truck to own I get a lot of compliments on it locally also!!

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A short video of the crew and yes I know DropAsAChild it needs more low!!!! LOL!!!

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey how's it going fellow GMT400 owners??? This weekend I found a sweet set of buckets and center console for the crew cab I want to swap them in. The bucket seats are clean not much to do to them, but clean them even more!!! LOL!! Also scored a nice center console that needs cleaning and paint to match that gray color interior!!! Well here's some pics to hold you off till I get them cleaned painted and installed this weekend!!! Enjoy!! Oooh and I paid $80 for the seats and $20 for the console it's mainly a shell someone took all the guts and all out already gotta love Craigslist!!!!!

Buckets

Last edited: