my 1994 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hoping this gives y'all some good ideas to harden your main entrance door to people wanting to kick it in. Ironically this kick started me on fixing stuff in the house. Grac was like a black cloud in this house for years. Now that shes gone, I want to start fixing the broken stuff that I kept saying screw it about because there was always more broken stuff around the corner. The sun porch will now become a sun porch instead of a temporary bedroom. Since theres 4 of us using the shower in the master bedroom all at different times, I think I'm gonna slow roll that shower redo now, and get the sun porch done.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Grac has officially left the building. We loaded my truck and the ole HHR with everything. Played tetris and made it fit in a 5x5 storage unit. Grac's stuff resides at unit #236 in Abilene lol. The self fulfilling prophecy. She kept saying she was leaving at age 17 if this or that demand wasnt met. Apparently some ID10T gave her a puppy. SMH Kid cant even take care of herself.

My old chevy couldent wait to start up and giterdun though. Ran great as always. She was probably like ok, lets get this $hit outta here.

Attachments

• 20230413_194203.jpg
    20230413_194203.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know she’s put you all through hell, and not trying to offend, but she’s still real young, and I’ve seen more than a few get it together. I have a brother, that we all thought would be either dead or incarcerated. He finally got it together, married and raised 2 kids. I pray she does for all of your sake.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know she’s put you all through hell, and not trying to offend, but she’s still real young, and I’ve seen more than a few get it together. I have a brother, that we all thought would be either dead or incarcerated. He finally got it together, married and raised 2 kids. I pray she does for all of your sake.
I hope she gets it together as well, but I'm done dealing with her breaking things, stealing and wrecking the wifes car, and all the other trouble she has gotten herself into. I will keep an open mind in regards to this. However her track record to date is pretty horrible. Honestly though, i think a few months in big girl time out , "county lock up" would do her good.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, hopefully she’ll get it together, and probably needs to on her own, needs to fall completely on her own. But hopefully survives and will probably thank you someday. We all walk with the devil, it’s whether or not you can walk away.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope she gets it together as well, but I'm done dealing with her breaking things, stealing and wrecking the wifes car, and all the other trouble she has gotten herself into. I will keep an open mind in regards to this. However her track record to date is pretty horrible. Honestly though, a few months in big girl time out , "county lock up"
Doesn't matter whether they are 7 or 17, you have to let them fall and know that you are there to help them back up.They need to learn that life is real and sometimes it's going to hurt some but they need to learn it for themselves. Nothing like a hard fall to teach you to be more careful next time.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want her to get it together. I want all my kids to be successful. You just reach a point where your out of G.A.S. "Give A $HIT. Told my wife this kid wouldn't be in this situation if she had just followed the rules. I don't ask a whole lot of these kids. Keep the common areas of the house picked up. You make a mess, you clean it up. Don't abuse or destroy my stuff I have worked hard for. Treat each other with respect you would want in return. She couldn't do it. Any of it. As a consequence, we are having to reprogram the other 2 kids. This all has been especially hard on my youngest. He is on the spectrum and needs everything the same as far as continuity. Her crazy life in the house, and random anger outbreaks has really sent his anxiety about everything through the roof. There were times when we would both be at work on the weekends and she would yell at him and berate him. He does not like her, and I can't say I blame him. Grac has Borderline personality disorder, and oppositional defiant disorder. This is why everything has to be a fight. We won't fight with her because it's what she craves. We called it "feeding the beast". Maybe that's what she's looking for with the police. Had I known what my life would have ended up like going down this path, I would have chosen a different path at that fork in the road. It was 8 years of hell after the switch flipped in her head. What's left now is kind of like a new beginning for the 4 of us in this house, and re learning what it's like to be a family without "crazy". I kept telling my wife this wasn't normal, but she kept saying it was "our normal". Plenty of times I wanted to just leave and not come back, but I stuck it out. I'm starting to feel good about living life again though with a fair bit of hesitation for obvious reasons. An old friend of mine from high school is a shrink. They don't call em that anymore, but based on everything we went through, she said I may experience a sort of PTSD, and to look out for that. To get help if i need it. I told her i wasn't in a war getting shot at. She said, you were in a war Matt, just not with bullets. It was a mental war, and can be just as damaging.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want her to get it together. I want all my kids to be successful. You just reach a point where your out of G.A.S. "Give A $HIT. Told my wife this kid wouldn't be in this situation if she had just followed the rules. I don't ask a whole lot of these kids. Keep the common areas of the house picked up. You make a mess, you clean it up. Don't abuse or destroy my stuff I have worked hard for. Treat each other with respect you would want in return. She couldn't do it. Any of it. As a consequence, we are having to reprogram the other 2 kids. This all has been especially hard on my youngest. He is on the spectrum and needs everything the same as far as continuity. Her crazy life in the house, and random anger outbreaks has really sent his anxiety about everything through the roof. There were times when we would both be at work on the weekends and she would yell at him and berate him. He does not like her, and I can't say I blame him. Grac has Borderline personality disorder, and oppositional defiant disorder. This is why everything has to be a fight. We won't fight with her because it's what she craves. We called it "feeding the beast". Maybe that's what she's looking for with the police. Had I known what my life would have ended up like going down this path, I would have chosen a different path at that fork in the road. It was 8 years of hell after the switch flipped in her head. What's left now is kind of like a new beginning for the 4 of us in this house, and re learning what it's like to be a family without "crazy". I kept telling my wife this wasn't normal, but she kept saying it was "our normal". Plenty of times I wanted to just leave and not come back, but I stuck it out. I'm starting to feel good about living life again though with a fair bit of hesitation for obvious reasons. An old friend of mine from high school is a shrink. They don't call em that anymore, but based on everything we went through, she said I may experience a sort of PTSD, and to look out for that. To get help if i need it. I told her i wasn't in a war getting shot at. She said, you were in a war Matt, just not with bullets. It was a mental war, and can be just as damaging.
Matt I hope you know I wasn’t criticizing you at all, I could see you’ve done all you can. It’s up to her now. It wasn’t until my brother burned all his bridges then hit rock bottom and then figured it out. I was just saying there is hope, she’s still young and of course you’ll be there when it’s time.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Matt I hope you know I wasn’t criticizing you at all, I could see you’ve done all you can. It’s up to her now. It wasn’t until my brother burned all his bridges then hit rock bottom and then figured it out. I was just saying there is hope, she’s still young and of course you’ll be there when it’s time.
No worries brother, I didnt take it that way at all. I understand that you are just explaining how it went for your brother. I am hoping that what happened to your brother happens to her, and that she actually survives rock bottom and fixes herself. I am worried that she is going to piss off the wrong people and end up dead in a ditch somewhere.