my 1994 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont think this jamb is going to give way anymore. Tomorrow I sand the JB weld, paint, and reinstall the door seal.

Attachments

• 20230412_180803.jpg
    20230412_180803.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230412_180810.jpg
    20230412_180810.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230412_192206.jpg
    20230412_192206.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230412_192200.jpg
    20230412_192200.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now she'll have to break windows. :(
Going to wire up outside security cameras next. Any shenanigans we will show video to police. Again fat lot of good it does. Wife already said she dont get to come back ever. Also we talked about what the probation officer may say next tuesday if Grac tells her that we kicked her out. I told my wife to tell Ashley the probation officer that if she had been doing her job and holding this kid to account for breaking curfew, and all the other infractions, it may have smacked her down enough that she wouldent have attempted a B&E on our home that broke the door jamb. My wife said "let them arrest me
, i will give em the finger, tell em F.U. and sit it out in jail, and I will still tell them this kid is still not going to be allowed back".

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you notice the pen mark on the wood and the scribe line on the metal. This is where the bottom end of the clear template was. These are the witness marks This way I lined up the steel angle straight across with the line on the jamb to put the strikers and holes at the correct height before putting a few small screws to check if it will open and close correctly.

Attachments

• 20230412_175542.jpg
    20230412_175542.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 11

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to wire up outside security cameras next. Any shenanigans we will show video to police. Again fat lot of good it does. Wife already said she dont get to come back ever. Also we talked about what the probation officer may say next tuesday if Grac tells her that we kicked her out. I told my wife to tell Ashley the probation officer that if she had been doing her job and holding this kid to account for breaking curfew, and all the other infractions, it may have smacked her down enough that she wouldent have attempted a B&E on our home that broke the door jamb. My wife said let them arrest her, she will sit it out in jail, and tell them this kid is still not going to be allowed back.

Yeah, me too. The other day at 5:00 in the morning 2 guys were walking around the front of our house. You can't even see the front of our house from the street, so something is fishy there. Doggies yelled at 'em and woke us all up.

Anyways, I got a couple of cameras to install.

DirtBag

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Make sure you are locking that storm/screen door as well. I watched a show one time that featured a couple of seasoned burglars...they talked about if the storm door was locked, they would more than likely move on to another house....Its the little things that slow them down, and cause them to move on. Just a thought.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Make sure you are locking that storm/screen door as well. I watched a show one time that featured a couple of seasoned burglars...they talked about if the storm door was locked, they would more than likely move on to another house....Its the little things that slow them down, and cause them to move on. Just a thought.
The storm door is a Larson Secure Elegance series door. It is a triple laminated automotive style glass like a windshield, with full length piano hinge screwed all the way into the wall studs. When locked, it has hooks at the top and bottom that latch into the jamb. I fortified it in these areas when I installed it. I used 1/8" plate that I countersunk and cut slots into for the hooks to slide into. The screws go all the way into the wall studs as well.

The problem was that my oldest daughter 24 took my younger 2 kids 15 and 10 to her house to spend the afternoon. I was at work, wife was at work. They left and she only locked the bottom lock on the door. Problem child came home and she and her goon friend tried to muscle in the door. Then I think she realized when the jamb cracked that she was going to be on candid camera as I have 2 nest cameras in the living room one pointed each direction and would catch her and who ever else. We called the police, pressed charges for attempted B&E. She is on video saying she banged on the door to get in. I told the cop that banging on the door won't cause this.

If the storm door is left unlocked this is now added protection against something like this from anybody trying it. I normally leave the storm door locked always. Day and night. Got the kids into the habit of locking it too. Honestly I think she would have tried breaking a window if it didnt crack and scare her off. I'm hoping theres enough against her with all the rest of her shenanigans that the attempted B&E puts her in big girl time out for awhile.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it's done, shop is cleaned up, tools put up, and I am officially tired. I think it looks great. I am happy with the results. And in a way I feel better that the door is more secure. Looks like it's a plain ole wooden jamb. I had leftover light grey wall paint to retouch it up. I am going to mess with bathroom next week. We got a storage unit for Gracs stuff. Wife says she will pay for the first 6 months. After that it's up to Grac to keep up with it. Trying to make it where theres no reason for her to come to this house. The younger 2 already know not to let her in. And if she threatens to break a window for them to call the police and call us.

Attachments

• 20230413_134029.jpg
    20230413_134029.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230413_134043.jpg
    20230413_134043.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230413_134053.jpg
    20230413_134053.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it's done, shop is cleaned up, tools put up, and I am officially tired. I think it looks great. I am happy with the results. And in a way I feel better that the door is more secure. Looks like it's a plain ole wooden jamb. I had leftover light grey wall paint to retouch it up. I am going to mess with bathroom next week. We got a storage unit for Gracs stuff. Wife says she will pay for the 6 months. After that it's up to Grac to keep up with it. Trying to make it where theres no reason tfor her to come to this house.
Mate, that looks awesome. Great job, well done.