My 1990 Project street ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryan Fagan

Reaction score
Thought I would post this in case there are any others that would like to add a lowering kit and put new wheels on. This may also go under the Lowered and Bagged Suspension thread. I found the wheel backspacing or offset very helpful but I was surprised to see not very many options for this type of build that didn't require some sort of fender adjustment, which mine did as well. Not unless you want to spend more on the wheels than what the truck cost you that is. You can always have Forgeline wheels make you up a set but one wheel will will cost more than all the wheels and tires combined did on this build. I hate to use the word budget build but that would closer describe what I did here. I have attached a couple of after and then the before picture of course.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bell Tech Front 4"-5" front and "6 inch rear kit. Part number #696SP
Wheels: Ridler 8.5x20" front and 10x20" rear. Part number #650

Bryan Fagan

Reaction score
Im working on upgrading the grill but having trouble with the piece below the grill fitting with the stock bumper. If anyone has updated a 88-93 grill to the 94-98 grill any helpful hints it would be appreciated. Also swapped out the seats from a 96 GMC.

Update to my update, I have learned that I need a couple of the inside bumper brackets from the 94-up GMC in order to get my grill to fit. Also installed the front seats and center console over the week end. I have also decided to do a 5.3 swap out of an 05 Silverado.