My 1988 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
As of 6-24 the trans is installed. However, I didn't get to drive it until the 29th. Had to finish making the brackets for the new fans(which work extremely well) and wire them. Run the new wiring for the trans temp gauge. Finish making the new upper radiator hose. Right now it is just painted with engine paint but will be powder coated after i change out the coolant.

You must be registered for see images attach

The new torque converter helped some of the issue i was having with a low idle in drive but it wasn't quite fixed. So I decided to play around with the spark curve a bit, One light spring and one medium spring seemed to do the trick.

Now I'm looking into a trans cooler. Temp keeps on creeping up higher than i would like. and with the holiday out of the way, I may start on recovering the door panels and headliner for the truck.

On a side note, got the bronco out of the garage and now I'm able to see the floor again!!

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Drove the truck into work today to get some miles on the engine. On the way home it developed some excessive valve train noise. I’m hoping it just needs a valve lash adjustment. I’ll dig into it later tonight.

And I finally put the fender flares on last night.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Well valve covers where pulled in preparation for adjusting the valve lash and what do I find... what looks like a bottom end bearing. So I guess I’ll start working on pulling it back out. Maybe I’ll overhaul it a little more while is out.

For reference, the rings on the towel are from a beer bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Well valve covers where pulled in preparation for adjusting the valve lash and what do I find... what looks like a bottom end bearing. So I guess I’ll start working on pulling it back out. Maybe I’ll overhaul it a little more while is out.

that sucks man. looks like a good chunk of bearing too

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Damn I hate to hear that, I know we all feel your pain. Hope everything works out for you.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That ***** spun. Could have very well been the cause of your low idle issue as well. Last time I wadded up a bearing it all stacked on one side and bound the motor up bigtime, to the tune of a dyno certified 70hp loss. Went there to certify my power for the year and made 2 full pulls with a spun rod bearing before I decided something was amiss. No knocking whatsoever.