1988 GMC C1500 - Z06 Package!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
The LS6 heads were sent to the machine shop, hot tanked and checked.

You must be registered for see images attach

Received them, finished hand cleaning, cleaned the valves, new valve seals, PAC 1219 .625" lift springs installed, painted with VHT fresh cast aluminum paint, threads chased.

Still waiting on the shortblock, was supposed to be end of April, early May, now it's early June.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Went ahead and did the Comp rocker arm trunnion upgrade today.

Once you've had a stock rocker fail, by dumping it's needle bearings out, locking the rocker down and ventilating a piston via force, the trunnion kit is an always-do upgrade.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Went ahead and did the Comp rocker arm trunnion upgrade today.

Once you've had a stock rocker fail, by dumping it's needle bearings out, locking the rocker down and ventilating a piston via force, the trunnion kit is an always-do upgrade.

You ever had a late rocker spit out the needles?

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
You ever had a late rocker spit out the needles?

In respect to the rectangle port, offset intake rockers, or just late model cathedral port?

I've seen and experienced 07+ cathedral port bearing failures. Never on a 07+ rectangle port head.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
In respect to the rectangle port, offset intake rockers, or just late model cathedral port?

I've seen and experienced 07+ cathedral port bearing failures. Never on a 07+ rectangle port head.

How many iterations were there? I was thinking cathedral port circa de 2004. That was V2 from what I understand.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
How many iterations were there? I was thinking cathedral port circa de 2004. That was V2 from what I understand.

From my research, something changed in 2005. But I also frequently use 07-13 243/799 truck heads and always change the bearings out. I will say, the non-captured needle bearings are the same as 97-04 rocker assemblies.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
From my research, something changed in 2005. But I also frequently use 07-13 243/799 truck heads and always change the bearings out. I will say, the non-captured needle bearings are the same as 97-04 rocker assemblies.

Is that the easy visual cue then? Captured vs non? Because I could swear the change happened closer to 2002.