My 1988 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Fuel line is on and tested. No leaks.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also powder coated a new set of calipers. Trying to fix a squishy pedal issue. Next is a new master and prop valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Here is a sample part done in the black chrome. Next batch of parts I get in I coat my switch panel too.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Engine is running great with the new carb. Then was on to the brakes. New hoses, calipers and wheel cylinders. Bleed the master bleed all the lines. Pedal felt better than it did but still low. Took it for a test drive and blew both wheel cylinders. So now I’m just going to rebuilt the whole rear.

This should get me started.

Last edited:

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Its been a few since I've updated. not much has happened. The rear is stripped and painted. Just need some time to put the new guts in. I have all new rear brake components on order except for new drums. I bought a Lathe so i didn't have to buy new drums. Plans are to strip down the drums and backing plates. powder coat them, and reassemble the brakes.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Its been a few since I've updated. not much has happened. The rear is stripped and painted. Just need some time to put the new guts in. I have all new rear brake components on order except for new drums. I bought a Lathe so i didn't have to buy new drums. Plans are to strip down the drums and backing plates. powder coat them, and reassemble the brakes.

You gonna stay with the stock gearing?

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
You gonna stay with the stock gearing?

The truck came stock with 3.42's. I'm putting in 3.73's that where ordered for the camaro but never used. The truck felt a bit slugish when i put the 35's on with the v6, but with the 406 v8 it has peep. I figure ill put them in and see how it feels. If i need to go more ill do it when i pick up a set of dana 60's for the front and rear. I'm thinking about going SAS in the future. Also need a much higher stall converter.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Brakes are all assembled. i went againts powder coating the drums and backing plate. The plates weren't in the best shape so i didn't want to put the time into them. And not doing the drums was me just being lazy. But wow its so nice to re-do the drums when they are not attached to anything.
The guts should be going in tommorow, and hopefully the whole rear will go in the truck sunday/monday.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Was hoping to have the whole rear done by now, but I was sent the wrong axle bearings and seals. Waiting on the correct ones to arrive and the rear will be ready for a transplant.

I did however get the carrier and such set. Will start removing the rear out of the truck during the week if the children allow.

I love the look of new parts.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
And.... the rear end is finished.

Hoping Saturday is the day it gets swapped over. Then all new brake lines.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Out with the old.

In with the new.

Also doing a 3 in lift while I’m at it. Rear is done. Need to run the new brake lines wait for the torsion tool to come in.