My 1988 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Well I figure id start a build thread to keep track of my own progress and possibly help some one along the way.

Anyway back in 2009 I bought a 1988 chevy k1500 4x4 base model as a beater to get me through a few winters. Nothing special. Had a v6, 700r4, no ac and 180000 miles.

You must be registered for see images attach

In early 2010 I decided I was going keep the truck, so a “better” and by better I mean no rod knock junk yard v6 went in. in fall of 2011 a backyard paint job was done to make it look decent. This was also my first time painting anything. Thought I came out ok until recently.

So earlier this year I put a 305 in because the v6 was dumping 2 qts of oil a week. That lasted about a month. I didn’t like the power I wasn’t getting out of it. So after coming up with a new plan for project race car (1982 camaro), I decided to drop the 406 I was building for it in the truck. oh there is also a 3 inch body lift and 35s done some time between then and now.

Which bring me to now. I plan on keeping the truck long term and figure it would be best to make it how I want it. So a few months ago I banged the floors out to accept a set of 1997 dodge ram sets with the coffee table of a center council. And now its all apart getting ready for paint (the right way).

Last edited:

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Had to fix a rocker panel and cab corner.

getting ready to roll it into the garage.

Found the culprit in the front window always leaking.

pretty much done. done as of Saturday morning.

And decided to take on doing new door hinges

The hinges took about 7 hours total. No air tools. My air hammer failed me so I need to order a new one.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
and here is a pic of the seats installed.

I think I'm going to re upholster them when its time to work on the interior.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
got more sanding done last night. just have the jams and a rough spot on the bed to work out for the most parts.

Rear window out and seam cleaned.

Going to try to get the inside of the doors and under the hood in epoxy tonight. And clean the living crap out of everything.

Oh by the way.... did I mention the wife wants to have the paint done by the 27th.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
I was given the deadline this past Saturday. we are remodeling the kitchen and all the new cabinets are coming that Wednesday. But anyway, its going to be black with some metallic green stripes. Plan is to have everything jammed Saturday morning, reassembled in the afternoon and finish the paint Sunday.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Got a lot done over the past two days.
everything is sealed. had a little mudding to do. Mostly the passenger door. Everything else was pretty straight. Did all my spotting last night with a final coat of primer. Tonight will be some light sanding and cleaning. and tomorrow morning ill be shooting the jams.

Inners sealed.

the problem door

all fixed

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Everything ready for finishing.

I need a bigger garage. You run out of room so fast.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Thats looking good man, ready to see some color on this thing! How do you like driving it with the 406?

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
The engine is basically the whole reason I'm building the truck. Makes its a very fun vehicle to drive. Almost too much power. It will light up the 35's like nothing.