muffler ticket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
depending where he is, that might be illegal.

Where we live, the exhaust has to exit behind the cab, outside the body. So after that, where you choose is up to you. Before or after the wheel. Doesn't matter. Turn downs are illegal.

Last edited:

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Where we live, the exhaust has to exhit behind the cab, outside the body. So after that, where you choose is up to you. Before or after the wheel. Doesn't matter. Turn downs are illegal.
are you 100% sure about that? my uncle said my exhaust is 100% legal, and i have a turndown welded onto my muffler, and hes an inspection facility.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
are you 100% sure about that? my uncle said my exhaust is 100% legal, and i have a turndown welded onto my muffler, and hes an inspection facility.

Could be a difference between urban & rural. I know that when I lived in the Okanagan, there seemed to be a different interpretation of the laws. What I could get away with there, I could not here, on the coast. Such as blue dots on my Hot Rod. 7 years in the Okanagan, no problem. 1 week on the coast, pulled over twice, 1 ticket.
You're insurance is cheaper, too.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Could be a difference between urban & rural. I know that when I lived in the Okanagan, there seemed to be a different interpretation of the laws. What I could get away with there, I could not here, on the coast. Such as blue dots on my Hot Rod. 7 years in the Okanagan, no problem. 1 week on the coast, pulled over twice, 1 ticket.
You're insurance is cheaper, too.

That could be it, cause i also dont have a cat, and i know 99% of people here dont, which i think is "illegal", i cant believe you got in **** for blue dots!

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
depending where he is, that might be illegal.
I live in california, which has some of the most strict rules there are and a couple of the shops i've called said it was fine. But if you look up the actual rules on the DMV website any modified exhaust/true dual exhaust/ or pipe that doesn't exit out the rear is illegal. Idk what my point is lol. But yeah I'd just pay the ticket.