MPFI Conversion???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy power

Reaction score
i have a 1998 z71 with the vortec 350. iv heard of this mpfi conversion and was wondering whats its all about?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It replaces the crappy poppets and uses mini injectors. It is a direct replacement for the cpfi spider.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to add to his thread......

I have one sitting at home right now (bought it when I was having lean code issues, which are fixed)

Should I replace the poppet assembly anyways or just take the upgraded one back?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Unless you're having problems with your fuel system its probably not worth the time or money to replace it...Poppets are fine if they are working properly and if they are you won't even notice the upgrade

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats the thing.....I'm sure with 240,000 on them they are probably sticky cause I have a miss at idle that I just can't seem to make go away:nono:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to add to his thread......

I have one sitting at home right now (bought it when I was having lean code issues, which are fixed)

Should I replace the poppet assembly anyways or just take the upgraded one back?

I say if you don't need the money back, either throw them in there or hold on to them till you do need them. Because you will need them if you keep your truck long enough....

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Thats the thing.....I'm sure with 240,000 on them they are probably sticky cause I have a miss at idle that I just can't seem to make go away:nono:

That IMO 9 times out of 10 is sticking poppets with the CPFI spider, after the swap you still need to stay on top of changing fuel filters and I like to throw in half a can of seafoam through the tank once a month to try and keep things cleaned up. Its not hard to do just time consuming and IMO the larger unit takes up alot of space under the plenum and reduces airflow quite a bit. Ethanol is the root of the majority of this problem if you ask me.

chevy power

Reaction score
oh ok great. thanks. wheni start up cold, once in a blue moon i get a slight misfire. check engine light does not come on it misses for about 20 seconds then its normal operation. im going to try doing a top engine cleaning and see how that goes. clean some of that carbon build up. if the issue progresses ill look in to this mpfi conversion.

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I couldnt get number 3 and 5 to fire correctly so I decided to do the upgrade heres a pic.
You must be registered for see images attach