Mounting some flags... Need help/ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Boat rod holders.

As a side bonus, they can be used to transport really long fishing rods.

:)

Or, if you have a receiver hitch weld up a piece of stock to a cheap hitch and mount poles at either side of the tailgate. Easily removable with a pull of the hitch pin and you can make it as wide or as tall (for big flags) as you want.

Just make sure the flag DOES NOT drape low enough to touch the ground
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I really like that fishing pole holder idea. Do they have like a set screw or something to hold it in place once its in the holder?

ANd trust me, I know the Flag Code! haha I am Honor Guard for my base and volunteered here as well. Did a few Fallen Transfers while I was here. I will be flying the flag on the right, as per code. And will be flying a 3x5 well above my tailgate, so no worries on it hanging too low.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I really like that fishing pole holder idea. Do they have like a set screw or something to hold it in place once its in the holder?

ANd trust me, I know the Flag Code! haha I am Honor Guard for my base and volunteered here as well. Did a few Fallen Transfers while I was here. I will be flying the flag on the right, as per code. And will be flying a 3x5 well above my tailgate, so no worries on it hanging too low.

Yeah, I've folded far more flags than I've ever wanted to.....

No set screw on the fishing pole holders, but easily added with a bolt and a couple nuts.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I think I could make something like that fairly easy and cheap myself out of some rigid conduit, drill and mount right to my bed like that. Paint it black, and put a set screw in it, and either use my poles or just a size smaller conduit to make the poles to mount em on.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I think I could make something like that fairly easy and cheap myself out of some rigid conduit, drill and mount right to my bed like that. Paint it black, and put a set screw in it, and either use my poles or just a size smaller conduit to make the poles to mount em on.

Yup, sound like it will work fine as long as you want something permanent.

Or; you can cut a square wood block that fills the stake pocket, drill a hole down the center and drop your flag pole in that.

Take out the rear lights and you can put a screw through the pocket to hold it all in. Pop the lights back in and that sucker has no chance of dropping the flag off the back unless you break the pole.

Sturdy as the bed itself and non permanent. Once you pull the blocks out no one will ever know you had it in there....

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I wouldnt wanna fly it while driving highway speeds, i wouldnt wanna risk it ripping loose

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I was thinking of doin something similar in my front stake pockets with the poles resting against my toolbox. More support and less wind on the flags so highway speeds may be possible with a flag rated for it.