Mounting some flags... Need help/ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
You need something very "beefy" with a full size flag and 55-60 mph.

anything plastic isn't going to cut it.

But the OP gave the impression that it was for parade type stuff only. Plastic/PVC/ABS will fit the bill for that...

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
You need something very "beefy" with a full size flag and 55-60 mph.

anything plastic isn't going to cut it.

But the OP gave the impression that it was for parade type stuff only. Plastic/PVC/ABS will fit the bill for that...

I have some large wooden dowels that are slightly bigger in diameter than the stake pocket width. I was going to sand them down to a tight fit maybe screw them in and then drill two holes to hook the flags up with.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I have some large wooden dowels that are slightly bigger in diameter than the stake pocket width. I was going to sand them down to a tight fit maybe screw them in and then drill two holes to hook the flags up with.

Best bet is to just take them down for highway running....

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I planned on taking them down for highway speeds. But once I get to the Meet and Greet, I'm not sure what roads and what not I will be going on. There is a parade, and some other activites. I just want to make sure they will not be ripped off. I was thinking using some rigid conduit and some ubolts, but that would require drilling into the bed more than I'd like. And both flags are full size 3x5 and rated for 100+mph.

Last edited:

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I planned on taking them down for highway speeds. But once I get to the Meet and Greet, I'm not sure what roads and what not I will be going on. There is a parade, and some other activites. I just want to make sure they will not be ripped off. I was thinking using some rigid conduit and some ubolts, but that would require drilling into the bed more than I'd like. And both flags are full size 3x5 and rated for 100+mph.

Rigid conduit and metal straps of some sort would be fine then. I may take that idea and strap conduit to the front of my toolbox. Never gets wet there anyways. Where did you get your 100mph flags?!?! I have some designs I wanted to have made into stronger flags

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
They are flags that were given to me by my deployed unit, and I had them flown over Afghanistan in memory of my friend who passed. I am not quite sure who makes them, but they are a Nylon composite type fabric, real thick with a reflective type of thread sewn in. Can be seen really easily at night with a light on it and really vibrant colors during the day.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Ah, flags with hidden meaning are the best.

I have a Canada flag mounted behind glass in the basement that my grandfather flew on his boat and a folded airforce flag that flew over the Sqn while i was the Sqn CWO.

Handing the folded flags of my fallen brother airmen to their wives and children was the hidden meaning I'd rather not remember.

Fly yours with pride.

mduryea88

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
i drilled a 1 1/4 inch hole into the front bed rail and used 3/4 galvanized pipe and used pipe straps. once i drilled it out, i used a grommet and put the pole through