Most lift possible without SAS swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
I’ve been wondering how much lift possible without doing major changes to the frame, keeping IFS, and not putting the truck on a monster jam frame. I know of FabTech (if I’m not mistaken, brand name may be off but it’s Fab something) did a 10”+ lift kit. Body lifts can also be involved. I’m not ready (nor May ever be) to spend over 5k or more on lift kit.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you wanna go more than 6-8” then forget IFS n go SAS. Your wallet will thank you in the long run.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
What I have thought of that would be basically the limit for me, 12 inch suspension lift with 4in pucks, 4in body lift.

Now thinking about how much it would cost to put in a 16 inch suspension lift ALONE, it would be much more logical to do a SAS. Let alone how much wear on literally anything that involves suspension, and the gearing for the size tire to make it look half ok

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
What I have thought of that would be basically the limit for me, 12 inch suspension lift with 4in pucks, 4in body lift.

Now thinking about how much it would cost to put in a 16 inch suspension lift ALONE, it would be much more logical to do a SAS. Let alone how much wear on literally anything that involves suspension, and the gearing for the size tire to make it look half ok

Out of sheer curiosity, what would you need that much lift for anyway? show truck ? if it involves any offroading at all 6 inch IFS lift pushes the limit when tire selection comes to mind I.E 35s sure you could get a 8-10 inch diff drop bracket to get the truck to clear something crazy like 44s or something but the front axle (rear too) just wont survive any amount of shock loading or unloading with that amount of rolling mass just a FYI. but as someone has already stated if its for show purposes a simple leaf sprung SAS will be the most economic on the wallet.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
I’m just wondering just how much lift the stock IfS could take. From what I can gather a 6 inch lift would be the limit before you get to the cost of just doing a SFA swap.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think there's a reason the 6" are the majority of kits available anymore. FTS makes 6.5", 9.5" and 12" kits and I guess a 15" at one point. I can't imagine those trucks ever see much driving on road or off. It's also the tire size that kills your front end too. The bigger, wider and heavier your tires the faster you wear out ball joints and such. The kind of tire that you'd want with 12"+ of lift would obliterate our IFS. The max lift/tire really depends on how you drive it. Pavement princess could handle 37s just fine (Mine does great sitting dead in my driveway :anitoof:) but if you drive it like a rock buggy then kiss your IFS goodbye with just about any tire size lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach