Most direct bolt on Cooling fans for GMT400?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just received my 05+ Silverado/Sierra E-fans on Friday and test fit them this weekend. They honestly fit so well, it's almost like they were made to fit. I am going to make a few brackets for the lower and then a top plate like Cokeman did. Next up will be figuring out the wiring and how I'd like to have it trigger for A/C. I have HP Tuners so I can make the changes myself, but I want the fans to function just like they did for the 05+ where they come on at the set temp points, but when the A/C is triggered the fans are on high.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I just received my 05+ Silverado/Sierra E-fans on Friday and test fit them this weekend. They honestly fit so well, it's almost like they were made to fit. I am going to make a few brackets for the lower and then a top plate like Cokeman did. Next up will be figuring out the wiring and how I'd like to have it trigger for A/C. I have HP Tuners so I can make the changes myself, but I want the fans to function just like they did for the 05+ where they come on at the set temp points, but when the A/C is triggered the fans are on high.

That was already in my tune. All I did was tell it what kind of fan I had, lowered the temperature, and left the AC stuff as it was.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I run a single Mark VIII fan, so just on/off. I originally had 2 30A relays running in parallel, but last summer changed over to a single 50A Hella relay and 50A breaker.

You must be registered for see images attach

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

You cannot trigger them late model style unless your A/C segment is swapped to a Gen3 setup and it needs an a/c pressure transducer to run the fans correctly. Without the transducer it will only activate one output with the a/c.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
All this fancy stuff... back in my day I activated my fan on my 2.2L Dodge Charger with a switch in the dash, wired directly to the fan and battery with a mile of 10 gage household wire... and ran my battery down a couple of times because I forgot to turn it off. The whole thing was stupid!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
All this fancy stuff... back in my day I activated my fan on my 2.2L Dodge Charger with a switch in the dash, wired directly to the fan and battery with a mile of 10 gage household wire... and ran my battery down a couple of times because I forgot to turn it off. The whole thing was stupid!

I did the same with a Taurus fan, no relays or anything. It was a fire hazard.

88monteSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
About how the fans on my 88 came. Not sure what they're off of, but it came with dual two speed fans. Kid had wired both speeds of both fans to the same wire of a household extension cord (probably 16 gauge) & ran it to a switch in the cab, with the other wire hooked straight to the battery with no fuse.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You cannot trigger them late model style unless your A/C segment is swapped to a Gen3 setup and it needs an a/c pressure transducer to run the fans correctly. Without the transducer it will only activate one output with the a/c.

B7201 in EFILive is A/C fan available, gotta wonder if that isn't the magic button to make the AC part work with a 98+ blackbox. Nothing else AC and fan related is unlocked.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
B7201 in EFILive is A/C fan available, gotta wonder if that isn't the magic button to make the AC part work with a 98+ blackbox. Nothing else AC and fan related is unlocked.
I have an Astro van 4.3 file that has Tow/Haul enabled in the Black box too.

Need to find the wiring diagram for that one if I ever have something with a black box again.