Most direct bolt on Cooling fans for GMT400?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It depends on what computer you are running. From what I understand the Black Box ECU only has one output for a fan, so many people will hook one fan to the fan output and the other fan to a trigger from the A/C in the truck. If you have done the 0411 ECU Swap or an LS swap like my truck, you can program the ECU to have two fan outputs (ground) and hook them into a relay to trigger the on/off functions. I can take some pictures and do a little write-up if anyone is interested.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the Black Box ECU already triggering that pin, or does it need to be turned on through a tune? I'm not doing anything to warrant a 411 ECU, but I will be sending my ECU to BBP for a few changes.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does the Black Box ECU already triggering that pin, or does it need to be turned on through a tune? I'm not doing anything to warrant a 411 ECU, but I will be sending my ECU to BBP for a few changes.

Needs to be activated in the tune I believe, @Cokeman95 can clarify I'm sure.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The auxiliary fan setting has to be enabled in the black box.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any questions feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

My '99 already has a factory pusher fan in front of the radiator. Is that running from the one wire from my computer? It only seems to kick on occasionally when the A/C is running. I haven't been able to pinpoint what it's trigger is. My plan is to install the dual electric, run one off the computer trigger wire, and the second off the A/C signal wire.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure how that pusher fan is wired. The pin for the auxiliary fan is pin 9 in the connector marked black going to the black box. I'd check to see if that has a pin in it.

Mine are run off the one pin for low speed and high speed is triggered by the a/c.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
My '99 already has a factory pusher fan in front of the radiator. Is that running from the one wire from my computer? It only seems to kick on occasionally when the A/C is running. I haven't been able to pinpoint what it's trigger is. My plan is to install the dual electric, run one off the computer trigger wire, and the second off the A/C signal wire.

I believe it's when the coolant temp reaches 225, or the AC head pressure reaches some limit.