More Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
If you do not have the time or money for an engine swap, A re-gear is not for you. Unless you have 3.42s and find a smoking deal on a factory 3.73 front and rear differential (wrecked truck or something) and swap them yourself, It'll cost a fortune to get new gears and have them set up properly. PROPERLY is key here, otherwise they will sound like a pack of coyotes going down the road and will permanently damage the gears and the bearings. You can run a aftermarket carb intake with a tbi spacer/adapter that would probably help a little, along with a total tune up, and the tbi mods. The intakes are slightly different, but any non-vortec intake can be modded to fit your heads with a die grinder and a bur bit.

Exactly what i was gona say and engine swap is cheaper than a re gear

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1995. I dont think i could do it my self. But i know some people who might be able to.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, you can do it, I was just going off the "Don't have the time or money" comment. Its not something that is simple, cheap, or quick, unless like i said, you find out that your truck has 3.42s and you find a pair of 3.73 diffs and just swap them. Motor swap would still be cheaper and about as easy if you had a running 350 ready to go in it, plug and play.

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well in all honesty I'm not sure what ive got for gears. When i did buy the truck, the guy before me has a "Poison Gear" Decal on the rear window, but never mentioned anything about putting new gears in. I dont have all the proper equipment to pull an engine. I fear that ill buy a 350 that i think is good and end up getting rid of my good 305 and the 350 taking a dump on me. Is there anyway i could drop a newer 350 in it? like 97 or 98?