Metal harness tab came off from firewall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I was working on the firewall harness, one of these metal tabs came off the firewall. I assume it must have been originally affixed by some type of adhesive, rather than welded.

Any body guys know what I can use to bond this metal tab to the firewall? Preferably something OEM-grade.

You must be registered for see images attach

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I've never noticed anything like that before on my truck. Is that inside?

The wire harness looks good... did you rewrap it?

Yes, inside along the firewall. There are several of these metal tabs along the firewall. They are meant for supporting the firewall harness and also the foam firewall pad. The tab is very flexible, so you can straighten it to remove harness/pad and bend it back down to secure the harness/pad. Unfortunately, one of them came off the firewall.

I untaped all interior harnesses. I had a lot of wiring to replace which is pretty much done now. Retaped entirety of all interior harnesses (except the roof harness) with 3M 33+ tape and then over that I wrapped it with a particular cloth tape I found on Amazon made by Clavichord.

For exterior harnesses, I wrap the wire bundles with 3M 33+ tape, apply wire loom over that, then wrap it again with 3M 33+ tape. Exterior harnesses need the added protection of a wire loom. Interior harnesses really don't.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Panel bond
Thank you. I'll see what I can find. I'm assuming 3M probably makes something.

Edit: Okay, I found the 3M Panel Bond on Amazon. Going to be about $60 unless I can find it elsewhere cheaper. Won't use but a fraction of it, but it's what I needed, so all good.

Edit again: 3M makes a 50 mL size, which is about half the cost. $30 on Amazon. I'm okay with that. Although supposedly I have to buy an applicator gun to use the stuff. And the gun is $88. Ughhhhhhhhh.

Last edited: