Engine Wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haydengattsek

Reaction score
So i have a 1995 k1500 that i am currently putting a 550hp 400sbc(holley sniper 2 EFI) with a 4l80(stand alone transmission controller). My question here is what do i need to do with the oem wiring harness to still have all of my lights, turn signals, all that bs. i might just be stupid but im not the most educated on these trucks. The motor or tranny WILL NOT be controlled the oem controller. also using the holley pro dash so none of the original cluster/wires will be needed.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To a certain extent, you're charting your own territory. Doubly so since you have the "one year only wiring" of a 1995 truck. I'd recommend downloading the manual and printing out the wiring diagram, but I don't see a 1995 wiring manual, so you might be using a 1993 and hoping the critical stuff is the same.

I'm running the older Sniper on my '89, and there's not much of the engine harness that was left intact. I simply rolled the unused harness bits up and zip tied them under the AC box. Some day I'll clean it up.

You must be registered for see images attach

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
The lighting harness' for the front lights and the rear lights should be in the bulk head connector on the drivers side of the fire wall below the brake booster. They are not tied in to the engine managment harness.

haydengattsek

Reaction score
To a certain extent, you're charting your own territory. Doubly so since you have the "one year only wiring" of a 1995 truck. I'd recommend downloading the manual and printing out the wiring diagram, but I don't see a 1995 wiring manual, so you might be using a 1993 and hoping the critical stuff is the same.

I'm running the older Sniper on my '89, and there's not much of the engine harness that was left intact. I simply rolled the unused harness bits up and zip tied them under the AC box. Some day I'll clean it up.

You must be registered for see images attach