Engine Bay Wiring Harness Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cudakid

Reaction score
Good evening
Have a 96 1500 single cab that I am swapping in a 5.7. Originally the truck was a V6. Stole the motor and the engine wiring harness out of a 97 Tahoe. Everything went in and put power to it all and realized the third brake light was on as soon as everything had power and now have no brake lights. Look into the fuse box and there is no wiring to the relay for the brake lights. Any reason for that? Didn't think the wiring would be any different between the two trucks besides the slight differences for the motor. Do still have the V6 wiring if need to splice some stuff in but just curious if I'm missing something, if it's somewhere else, or if just this harness is missing it for some reason.

Last edited:

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Tahoes/Suburbans didn’t use the relay like the pickups. Here’s the diagram for a 98, maybe it’ll help. The 96 and 97 manuals can be downloaded at the link below (see post #84 and 92.)

You must be registered for see images attach

cudakid

Reaction score
The Tahoes/Suburbans didn’t use the relay like the pickups. Here’s the diagram for a 98, maybe it’ll help. The 96 and 97 manuals can be downloaded at the link below (see post #84 and 92.)

Interesting, thank you very much.
Guess figure out how to either make a tahoe brake light stuff work or steal the wires out of my old harness and wire the relay in.