Engine bay wiring harness - heat protection.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepbyrd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was troubleshooting an error I was having with blowing fuses. Fuse number 24 kept blowing. as I was checking the wiring harness for a short, I found that much of the heat protection where the wiring harness goes along the exhaust manifold was dried out and crumbling off.

What is the best stuff to re-wrap it with?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found that much of the heat protection where the wiring harness goes along the exhaust manifold was dried out and crumbling off.

What is the best stuff to re-wrap it with?
Shouldn't have any wiring running along the exhaust manifolds. My want strap them up away from the 1300deg heat source.

Stepbyrd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't have any wiring running along the exhaust manifolds. My want strap them up away from the 1300deg heat source.
The front axle 4x4 actuator harness goes from the front axle to a mounting point on the frame about 2” from the exhaust manifold. It then runs along the frame parallel to the manifold then goes down before coming back up behind a heat shield. From the mounting point on the frame all the way back to the shield, the wiring harness/ loom is wrapped in a silver heat tape. That heat tape just crumbled off when I touched it.