Mean Green's Official Pic/Build thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick-otine

Reaction score
Alright guys here's a bit of an update, the remote start I ordered should be here on Thursday. So I'm thinking I'll clear my schedule for Friday and start the install. I have to first completely remove the junk DEI remote start that's currently on my truck before I can install the new remote start unit. And I FINALLY get a chance to clean up all the under dash wiring that is a mess due to the current remote start. Which the previous owner said was supposedly installed by a PRO INSTALLER!!! I would not call whoever installed in a pro, most likely some 18 year old kid at best buy or something. There's a birds nest of wires under the dash from that POS remote start that is currently on the truck, so when I'm done with it I will have a very neat and clean under dash wiring set up! I will also be doing a few other things to the truck this weekend as well. I should be able to have everything done by sometime on Saturday hopefully!

Here is a list of things that I plan to do in the near future:

-Remote Start Install
-New Fuel Filter
-New Coil
-New Cap & Rotor
-Possibly looking at doing an Electric Fan Swap (Using a Lincoln Mark VIII 18" Dual Speed Fan)
-New Tires before the snow starts falling
-Projector Retrofit (Bi-Xenon Morimoto mini H1 5.0 Projectors, with 5K white CCL Angel Eyes on the shrouds)

Mean Green man i love that first pic of your truck that's way ^^^^^ up there ha how's it coming?? how'd your install work out for ya?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mean Green man i love that first pic of your truck that's way ^^^^^ up there ha how's it coming?? how'd your install work out for ya?

Thanks man! I thought it was a cool angle for a picture :)

As for the remote start install, it went smooth as could be! Didn't have a any problems at all, and took my time. I ended up with about a little under 4 hours in the install. I wrote a how to article on the install as well! Here's a link to that: http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13651

I changed the fuel filter as well. Cap, rotor, coil, and icm are next on the list!

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also installed 5k white LEDs in the stock reverse lights, you can see my projecter aux reverse light in the picture as well. That alone makes backing up at night much nicer with 3% tint on the back windows!

You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I need to do that with my reverse lights. It looks great.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what weas involved in the reverse light LED upgrade? wouldnt they flicker at first?

No sir, LEDS don't flicker when they light up. Now a HID would, which is why they are not a good option for reverse lights.

All that was involved was to simply pull the circuit boards off the tail lamps, then remove the old 3056 bulb and install the new LED. Very easy upgrade to do!