Mean Green's Official Pic/Build thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright guys, I thought it was about time I start my own "build" thread, So you guys can keep up to date with the stuff I'm doing to my truck! As always, questions & Comments are always appreciated!
Here's the stats on my 94:
Year: 1994
Make: GMC
Model: Sierra SLT K2500 Extended Cab Short Box 4X4
Build Date: 07-28-1994
Engine: 5.7L 350ci
Trans: 4L60E
Rear End: 14 Bolt SF (3.73 gearing)
Wheels: American Racing Nitro series 16"X8"
Tires: Kumho Road Venture A/T's 265/75R/16
Exhaust: 3" cat back to a 22" long Cherry Bomb (3"ID)

First off I'll start out with a very shortned list with pics of things I've done. Ill start with a picture of what my 94' looked like when I bought it and brought it home with 84,*** miles:
You must be registered for see images attach

Then I removed the stupid ugly full length alluminum running boards;

I then took the topper off and bought a new roll up Tonneau cover and stainless bed rails. And then bought a new set of 16X8 American Racing Nitro wheels and wrapped them in a new set of Kumho KL78's.:

Then came quite a few more mods, but I'm not going to post pics of every mod that I've done because that would take forever lol
In the spring of 10' I pulled the box off and completly rust proofed the frame:

And here's a few random pictures in no particular order:

Last edited:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ordered a new set of power 95+ style mirrors last week, so they should be here either tuesday or wednesday. I'm going to color match them before they even go on the truck, SOOOO being I'll be painting, I might as well shoot a few other things while i have my gun out and the base mixed.
As of right now the things I plan on painting is as follows: Mirrors, vent visors, I'm going to reshoot my visor because there is a few spots where the clear is pealing, winshield wiper arms, repaint tail gate, and POSSIBILY the grill shell (I'm really on the fence about whether or not to colormatch the grille!!!)

So by friday I'll have my truck looking a little different! :biggrin:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
An Excaliber! I've actually done interiors for two, many years apart.

Close but no cigar! It's actually a kit car, we built in about 89'. It started life as a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am, then was pretty much stripped down to nothing. The only thing original on the body of the car is the doors, mirrors, windshield, and T-Tops. The body is fiberglass, Camaro front sub frame (to do away with the struts) and we put a new interior in it also at the time. The car is 100% Custom, and FAST!!!!

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I have been meaning to ask you this forever. Even though your a painter why would you not paint your grill to match the rest of the truck?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been meaning to ask you this forever. Even though your a painter why would you not paint your grill to match the rest of the truck?

Good question! Well you see, i WAS in the process of painting it when i bought the grille. So i was mocking it up on the truck to check for proper fit and clearances, and i stood back and looked at it and really liked the look of it black. So i mounted it and left it that way lol But now i think i am going to colormatch so the front flows a little better with the body!

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice pics and the new mirror's are going to look great!

Thanks man! I'm excited to get them in, I've been meaning to order a set for a while now just never got around to it!

Naw, colormatch the truck to the grill. :deal:

:lol: That's what I was going to do when i bought the truck! I was DEFFINATLY going to paint it black, but then the Aqua Green Metallic really grew on me to the point where I couldn't even imagine having it a different color :D

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
im a fan of the black grill too. i like your interior. i have the 40-60 bench. i want to change it but the owner before me has one amp under the passenger seat and another under the middle on the hump so it would be in the way of a console. but as far as your truck goes its really clean and the updated mirrors will look good.