Mean Green's Official Pic/Build thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
truck looks good! with all the color matching done and new mirrors it will really set it off. kinda agree with southern on painted corners. for some reason i like the gmc grills with color matched corners. on chevys it dont look right unless grill is color matched too. i want to color match some of my stuff for my 2 tone but i dont think i could match my blue myself

Thanks man! I'm really looking forward to getting all the colormatching completed. I have thought about colormatching the corners, but i honestly kind of like the orange there. :)

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay so the mirrors came in this afternoon, and I have the drivers side bolted up and mounted. And quite honestly, I'm not sure I like them on my truck. The mirrors themselves are beautiful, but they look somewhat out of place on my truck. Opinions?
Pics:
You must be registered for see images attach

VS
You must be registered for see images attach

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Uhh no dude they look perfect. I think you're just used to seeing big ugly metal mirrors with a weird little curve holding them on. Give it a week, hell a day, and you'll love them. Just please don't put the old ones back on :D

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i like em but im about to swap mine for tows lol. i thought about puttin your mirrors on mine. but i decided to just go the tow mirror route instead

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just keep your stainless ones, more truck like imo, meaner look to it. the plastic ones might be a little sleeker and sporty looking but its 4x4

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Uhh no dude they look perfect. I think you're just used to seeing big ugly metal mirrors with a weird little curve holding them on. Give it a week, hell a day, and you'll love them. Just please don't put the old ones back on :D

That's what I'm doing man! I sat down in the west bay of my shop and stared at my truck out the garage door with both style mirrors on for about a half hour trying to decide if I liked them or not! I'm just so used to seeing my OE mirrors on there, that the new ones just looked out of place! But i then re-installed the door panel and put the passenger side mirror on next, and i gotta say I really like them now! It's just going to take some getting used too! So I'm not going to colormatch them until I get 100% used to them! With both mirrors on it looks pretty damn good! I'll get some pictures of the whole truck with the new mirrors on tomorrow!

Last edited:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i like em but im about to swap mine for tows lol. i thought about putting your mirrors on mine. but i decided to just go the tow mirror route instead

I too considered putting the Tow mirrors on my truck, I LOVE the tows on the NBS & NNBS. But in my opinion they look out of place on the OBS's unless there lifted with some nice big meats under neath! :handshake:

just keep your stainless ones, more truck like imo, meaner look to it. the plastic ones might be a little sleeker and sporty looking but its 4x4

That was my first impression when I stood back and looked at the new mirror VS the old mirror. I thought the stainless looked meaner, but then again the new ones are a bit sleeker! Ultimately I think I'm going to run the new mirrors :)