Mean Green's Official Pic/Build thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
love your truck man IMO tho i would go ahead on doing a 6 inch lift you will want to go higher as soon as your done , i was going to do the 4 inch so glad the guys on TYF talked me into the 6, now i dont know your budget but rcx has a 6 inch kit for 999 i believe and its a good lift i saved up for 6.5 inch superlift my angles are as flat as possible , of course thats with no crank so im only sittin at 5.

Nick-otine

Reaction score
Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words! Ill get in to the door panel enclosures tomorrow, its late and I don't wanna dig for pictures at the moment :lol:

As for the sub woofer, i agree with what you said! I originally wanted to go with a FF sealed enclosure, but due to space limitations it just wasn't in the cards at the time with a 10" driver. I am glad that I went with a up firing enclosure afterall, I recessed the sub so it sits flush with the top of the enclosure. This was so that when it was extending it wouldn't hit the bottom of the seat and damage the driver. I have the back seat flipped up half the time, and there's really not a noticeable difference in output surprisingly enough! Overall im happy with the way the sub performs! It can hit pretty low freqs, and hits surprisingly hard!

Now with that being said, im going to be upgrading my sub & amp this winter! Im going to be going with a Kicker CVX. Im going to be doing something I've never seen done in a GMT400 before, so it should turn out to be a one of a kind piece when its done! :biggrin:

Ha I understand. I just said hell with anything under the seat and built a ported box for my two 12's and it sits right there on the bench behind me ha.

Ahh I bet that sounds good and I seen how clean your box looks with that flush mount deal.
Can't wait to see what that is.
By the way What kind of headunit you running?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was a pain in ass building the box to utilize as much space as possible, without extending out past the edge of the seat! I'm running a Sony Headunit I've had for quite a few years now, it was a high end model when I bought it. VERY powerful when compared to other headunits that claim equal wattage!! The exact model is a Sony CDX-CA710X, I also added an Auxillary Input to the radio as well and mounted a 3.5mm panel jack right below the heater controls in one of the knock out plates. I'll have to snap a few pictures of that, I don't think I have any of those in this thread yet.

As for the new top secret project that will be done this winter, keep your eyes open for it! I think yall will like it :)

Ha I understand. I just said hell with anything under the seat and built a ported box for my two 12's and it sits right there on the bench behind me ha.

Ahh I bet that sounds good and I seen how clean your box looks with that flush mount deal.
Can't wait to see what that is.
By the way What kind of headunit you running?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On another note, I ordered a CrimeStoppers Remote Start unit for my truck! My truck has a DEI (Viper, Python, Clifford, etc.) Remote Start in at the present, that was installed by the previous owner before I bought the truck. The key fob didn't work for it when I bought the truck, so I ordered a new key fob ($56 dollars :banghead: ) only to find out that the DEI unit did not work. So I will start by completly removing the DEI unit, and installing the new Crimestoppers Remote Start unit. I will be doing a full write up on installation in a GMT400 for anyone who may want to get one and know what all has to be done to install as well!

I'll hopefully have time to install it by mid week next week, Installation will take a bit longer then usual being I have to first remove the DEI remote start, so I will have to make sure I have plenty of time! I'll keep you guys in the loop, thanks for looking! :cheers:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Polished up the wheels, and removed all the fender well trim! Teaser pic, took a bunch of good pictures that ill upload later.

You must be registered for see images attach