Maintenance while bed off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The fill plug is the only way. If you remove the diff. cover, you won’t be able to fill it there. Superman could, he’s really fast!

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe a simple one, but wash and wax the back of the cab. Years of road grime, rain, dirt, and whatever else has built up there and it normally can’t be cleaned as easily. A good wash/wax will go a long ways.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe a simple one, but wash and wax the back of the cab. Years of road grime, rain, dirt, and whatever else has built up there and it normally can’t be cleaned as easily. A good wash/wax will go a long ways.
Yep did that yesterday; i had painted the cab last yr but didnt get to fully do the backside.

Amsterdamned96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Make sure that fuel pump ground is squeaky clean. It'll never be easier to reach. I like to run a tap through the bolt hole to clean the threads.
Currently have my bed off and reading this is a godsend as i'm about to blast the frame. I was wondering if you happen to know what kind of tap you use for it? I have mainly metric taps and might have a hard time sourcing one locally