Lund Seal and Peel Tonneau

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no doubt it's easier for sure. I had one of those snap on covers and in the winter it sucked. It was a huge pain to get it snapped. What I'm wonderin is, does the velcro hold well enough going down the highway for me to not worry about it flyin off. Like 80mph it be ok? 125mph? 140mph? LOL srsly the truck may or may not touch 125 on some SS cruise trips:driver:

i dont know how much or if the quality is different on the different velcro covers. but mine would definately hold to any speeds. its not just held down by the velcro. theres a latch on each side by the tailgate, and the bar that is attached to the back of the cover clicks into those. and its held at the front by brackets, but havent looked closely at exactly what the setup is in the front

edit: let me know if that doesnt make sense...had my leg amputated below the knee so im in the hospital on some good stuff lol

stroker87

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an Extang Tuff Tonno and it latches the same way. I usually take mine off in the winter because it's almost impossible to latch down when the vinyl is cold.
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/extang_tuff_tonno_tonneau_cover/1960.aspx?attributes=1104000028_4294855392_4294855385

I would rather hook up to my trailer then open my tonneau cover in the winter if I needed to load some thing that would not fit under it, even if you adjust it for the looser fit still tough to close here in illinois winters

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would rather hook up to my trailer then open my tonneau cover in the winter if I needed to load some thing that would not fit under it, even if you adjust it for the looser fit still tough to close here in illinois winters

Even with the velcro one?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I prefer the snap on style tonneaus, with the frame that clamps onto the box. I have a thing about velcro, but that's just me.
Both of mine bought off of C/L. $50.00 & $75.00.
There's a way to snap them down that makes closing them easy. Always do the corners first. That way, if they need to be pulled to fit, you are pulling the extra needed over the length, or width of the material, instead of in the last 6" or so.
As an upholstery guy, though, I see some manufacturing flaws that would never be allowed to leave my shop, if I had made them.
One of mine, (the cheaper one) has the binding around the edges down in 5 or 6 seperate pieces. Looks like they used some cut offs that were leftover from other tonneaus. Why? The binding comes in 50 yard rolls!
Once my '98 comes home from winter storage, I'm gonna make a custom cover to fit the existing frame. Not sure of the design, yet, but it'll be one of a kind.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What happened man? If you don't mind me asking...

not at all. 3 years ago a guy at work hit me with a forklift. the forks were low and as he turned, the side of one hit my leg right above my ankle. my foot rolled underneath the fork and i fell over the top. the forks were tilted back, so as i got drug the back part of the forks crushed my ankle. ive had 5 surgeries before the amputation. took two surgeries just to get my foot straight. in the end, they just couldnt get it to where i could walk on it.

You must be registered for see images attach