Lund Seal and Peel Tonneau

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
correct me if im wrong....i had a peel and seal cover years ago....on the edge of the bed it sat flush and had bows in the center...but mine attached kind of like a jeep top where u would roll in a plastic bow into a an aluminum rail. It looked super clean. But I found a snap cover to be much easier to take on and off.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's great news. I assume this whole process is better than being on crutches with a broken foot? Or am I wrong?

yea it will be much better. i have been in so much pain for the last 3 years. and the technology with prosthetics has come so far in the last couple years

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
correct me if im wrong....i had a peel and seal cover years ago....on the edge of the bed it sat flush and had bows in the center...but mine attached kind of like a jeep top where u would roll in a plastic bow into a an aluminum rail. It looked super clean. But I found a snap cover to be much easier to take on and off.

yea ive seen some that sit flush. mine sits up a little bit. some have supports that go across the bed. i dont know much about a lot of them. but there are several.

It sucks that happened so young, but at least things will be better.

yea im just thankfull that ill be able to walk. it could have been much worse

stroker87

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even with the velcro one?

had a fancy $450+ velcro one and it sucked the back use to lock in place but every time I got off the expressway I would have to seal the sides back down they would start flapping any thing over 60mph and in a heavy rain storm the side would give way and the bed would get flooded even though the bows was installed

best advice is look at the warranty the manufacture offers and hold on to your receipt, I dont care what cover you get if you use it A LOT its going to fail sooner or later either the railing system or the cover it self, I install one on every truck I ever had and always had trouble with them after 2 years or so but i used them a LOT some time daily in the summer

and another thing if you go with snaps get one that the snaps dont move easily they are easier to close (when they move freely and its open you have to set every snap every time you close it)

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
had a fancy $450+ velcro one and it sucked the back use to lock in place but every time I got off the expressway I would have to seal the sides back down they would start flapping any thing over 60mph and in a heavy rain storm the side would give way and the bed would get flooded even though the bows was installed

best advice is look at the warranty the manufacture offers and hold on to your receipt, I dont care what cover you get if you use it A LOT its going to fail sooner or later either the railing system or the cover it self, I install one on every truck I ever had and always had trouble with them after 2 years or so but i used them a LOT some time daily in the summer

that sucks. the cover on my truck is 4 years old (previous owner had receits). it seals perfect. got a few inches of snow a while back and the bed was bone dry. same thing with the rain. my cover

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OIC, I don't plan on taking it off very often at all. But I remeber the one I had with snaps, the color started coming off of the snaps themselves after a while. I guess I'm gonna check out the warranty info on a couple and see if I can find one with a lifetime warranty or something.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OIC, I don't plan on taking it off very often at all. But I remeber the one I had with snaps, the color started coming off of the snaps themselves after a while. I guess I'm gonna check out the warranty info on a couple and see if I can find one with a lifetime warranty or something.

ive been kinda thinkin about how long one would have to last to be worth the money. obviously everybody is gonna have different factors to decide that. the guy that has a clean show truck that only removes the cover once in a great while, will be willing to spend more for somethin that has a low profile, sharp appeal that helps the appearance of the truck. how easy it comes on and off is less important.

someone who is in and out of the truck bed daily is going to think a cover is junk if he cant get in on or off quickly. they will be more willing to spend more money on something that comes on and off efficiently and will need a cover that can handle a little more abuse.

i am kind of in the middle. i want one that has a clean look. needs to be tough. im not needing it on and off everyday, i'll just be workin the truck for side work, haulin toys, etc. i definately want it to be easy to get on and off easily since i will have a toolbox underneath the cover.

the truxedo on my truck i looked up at $320. its 4 years old. previous owners used the truck hauling 4 wheelers usually once or twice a week. so it sounds and appears to me like its been used a lot, but not really hard. in my opinion, for the ease of use, and looks, this cover is well worth 320 even if it only lasted 4 years. but its at 4 years, and has lots of life left

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive been kinda thinkin about how long one would have to last to be worth the money. obviously everybody is gonna have different factors to decide that. the guy that has a clean show truck that only removes the cover once in a great while, will be willing to spend more for somethin that has a low profile, sharp appeal that helps the appearance of the truck. how easy it comes on and off is less important.

someone who is in and out of the truck bed daily is going to think a cover is junk if he cant get in on or off quickly. they will be more willing to spend more money on something that comes on and off efficiently and will need a cover that can handle a little more abuse.

i am kind of in the middle. i want one that has a clean look. needs to be tough. im not needing it on and off everyday, i'll just be workin the truck for side work, haulin toys, etc. i definately want it to be easy to get on and off easily since i will have a toolbox underneath the cover.

the truxedo on my truck i looked up at $320. its 4 years old. previous owners used the truck hauling 4 wheelers usually once or twice a week. so it sounds and appears to me like its been used a lot, but not really hard. in my opinion, for the ease of use, and looks, this cover is well worth 320 even if it only lasted 4 years. but its at 4 years, and has lots of life left

This is where I'm at. Probably gonna get in my bed 1-2 times a month at most. Any suggestions?

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is where I'm at. Probably gonna get in my bed 1-2 times a month at most. Any suggestions?

well this is the only tonneau cover ive ever owned, so im not sure how good a lot of the covers are. i would recommend the one i have (truxedo truxport). it may or may not be better than the others, but if i was to get another truck, i would buy one. another thing you might want to look into is whether you want a cover that sits flush with the bed. mine sits up on the rails a little, which i prefer. the only thing im not sure about with this cover is how it is in the winter. im not sure how stiff it gets and how hard it is to latch. none of the pics that i have of my truck show the cover very well otherwise id post some.