Back on four wheels again, and my gratitude

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TommyJ1980

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1998 K2500, 5.7L- I’ve only been a member a short time, but this forum has already been invaluable in this recent suspension work. Thank you so much, everybody who took the time to comment and share your experience. I’m not as dumb as some people are, but I’ve truly never done this work to the degree required, and last project appears to have been a success with new upper and lower control arms and ball joints, sway bar links, and associated hardware. There was a lot more involved than I had planned on, what with the torsion bar and all, but it worked out, so far, knocking on wood here. Next thing is to swap the old steering gearbox with the new one I picked up. I think I’ll probably throw the tie rods in just because it looks like the only part between the box and the wheels that I won’t have messed with, and as far as I know, I’ll be using the same pitman arm that’s on their. This was also the first major project I’ve done in my shop, which I acquired just over a year ago, and wrestled away from my wife, who was using it as a chicken hospital. Thanks again you guys, truly grateful.